xix. the price of flirting

________

________

Eleanora peacefully slept in her bed as she cuddled a pillow and snuggled more into her bed. She had no alarm on and slept without a care in the world. She had spelled her door shut so nobody can disturb her.

Enzo walked to his daughter's room so he could wake her up. Today was the day the whole Mystic Falls group was having a small get-together. They had decided to meet at the grill. He placed his hand on the knob and turned it, but it wouldn't open. Enzo groaned in annoyance knowing his daughter had used her magic.

"Bonnie, your daughter spelled her door!" Enzo yelled out.

Bonnie was in the living playing with Alora when she heard her husband's loud voice. She shook her head and her elder daughter's antics. She muttered a spell that unlocked the door and called out.

"Try again."

Enzo reached for the doorknob and successfully pushed through into his daughter's room. He saw how half of the pillows that were supposed to be on her bed were laying on the floor. I knew I shouldn't have gotten those damn pillows. Enzo saw Eleanora sleeping and shook his head.

"Eleanora, wake up. We have to go to the grill to meet everyone." Enzo reminded as he walked to the windows and opened the curtains, causing the sunlight to illuminate the entire room. Eleanora grumbled and gathered the energy to raise her right hand and waved it causing them to immediately close.

Enzo snarled under his breath. "Stupid magic." He reopened the blinds causing the girl to pull the blankets up until they covered her head and closed her eyes, wanting to go back to her precious beauty sleep.

"Leave me alone." She said, her voice muffled by the blanket covering her.

"You'll get to see Nate." Enzo tried to bargain.

"No." Eleanora denied. There was nothing that could get her out of bed.

"I'll buy you an ice cream if you get out of bed right now."

"I am not a child anymore, Dad. You can't bribe me with..."

"Chocolate ice cream." Enzo interjected her, as looked at her with amusement, watching her poke her head out of the covers and looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"With whipped cream?"

"Don't you forget the cherry on top?" Enzo reminded with a smirk, knowing this will work.

"Deal. But, Dad, don't think that you got me out of bed, I left because I wanted to." Eleanora made sure to clarify as she looked at him with a serious face whilst Enzo made a serious face and nodded

________

Nate had arrived with his family and aunt's family to the grill, being the first ones to arrive. His family mingled with one another as the kids and adults were seated separately. Nate was occupied on a table by himself as he texted his girlfriend and waited for her and the rest of the group to arrive.