x. letting go of the past

________

________

Cassandra stared at the man with dirty-blond hair and dark blue eyes and mentally groaned. She knew that Klaus would want to talk, and she doesn't have the patience for it, especially since it was late at night. All she wanted to do was go back to her room and cuddle with Stefan.

"Hello love." Klaus smirked as his dimples were displayed.

"Klaus." Cassandra nonchalantly nodded. "I'm guessing you are here for Hope, so I'll tell her you are here."

Cassandra moved to walk inside but Klaus's voice stopped her. "I was hoping we could talk, love."

Cassandra sighed, annoyed, but she knew that Klaus wouldn't give up and maybe some other day he could ask to talk. Cassandra nodded and motioned for Klaus to follow her, so they are a few metres from the house's entrance.

"How long have you and Stefan been married for?" Klaus asked, bitterly, looking at Cassandra intently.

"Twelve years." Cassandra replied.

"You sure did move on from me quickly and ended up with the ripper." Klaus spit out filled with annoyance. In his mind he was supposed to come back to Mystic Falls, reconnect with Cassandra, and fall in love with each other.

"Oh please, don't tell me that you didn't move on either Klaus. Who was it again? Cami was it. If you are allowed to move on, then I am certainly allowed to do the same. I don't think you remember but you were the one who cheated on me Klaus with Hayley. I have moved on and my life has been amazing. It's time for you to move on just like I did." Cassandra yelled in anger and frustration.

"I apologised for my cheating on you and told you that I was drunk. However, I don't regret it because I got hope out of it." Klaus exclaimed in annoyance.

"I get it Klaus; you were drunk. You did something wrong which pushed me away and led me to have two beautiful children and an amazing husband." Cassandra pointed out. "I'm happy with my life so stay away from my family and me."

Klaus smirked as he pointed out. "It seems that my daughter is friends with yours, so we'll be seeing more of each other."

Cassandra rolled her eyes at him and his stupidity. She knew that Eleanora only invited her out of fear and kindness. Fear of what Rebekah would do if she said no and kindness because she didn't want to be mean. Eleanora was put in a difficult position and just agreed to the proposal but that doesn't mean that this would be a regular thing.

Klaus continued and walked closer towards Cassandra, but she stepped back, glaring at him, keeping a distance between the two. "I won't stop fighting for you. You're the love of my life, Cassie. Us Mikaelson's, we always fight for what we want. And I want you."

Cassandra groaned out loud. Why can't he understand that she is happy and doesn't want him? She loves Stefan.

"Klaus, I'm not some property of yours. Get this straight I don't love you. I won't ever love you again. I love Stefan."