ii. reunite with the past

________

________

Mikaelson Mansion

The Mikaelson had just moved into their Mansion in Mystic Falls which held quite a few precious and important memories. Hope Mikaelson, daughter of Klaus and Hayley, found The Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted as she searched through the internet and realised it was a school for the supernatural. She immediately told her parents about it who seemed reluctant, but she ended up convincing them.

Now, the Mikaelson arrived in the old town the night before their interview and haven't spoken a word. Hope was confused by her family's behaviour and wanted to ask them about it. Klaus was painting in a corner of the room with a nonchalant expression on his face whereas Elijah sat on the couch reading a book. Rebekah flipped through a magazine while Davina and Kol decided to go out to eat. Freya sat on the end of the couch confused by her family's behaviour. Hayley was busy wiping the dust off some areas of the couch.

"Dad, what's wrong? You guys have been quiet ever since we've been here." Hope asked confused by her family's behaviour.

"He had a fiancé who he cheated on with Hayley Marshall." Kol said glaring at his brother as walked into the mansion.

"I was drunk, Kol. She was too busy consoling her sister who crying over Tyler Lockwood." Klaus spat out with hatred.

"That doesn't give you a reason to cheat." Davina yelled.

"Why the hell are you people yelling?" Hayley asked as she walked down the stairs.

"Mom, did you sleep with Dad when he was engaged?" Hope asked with tears in her eyes.

"I was drunk and forgot that he was engaged. Klaus didn't even say anything." Hayley protested.

Hope had always known that she was a product of a one-night stand but that never bothered her since she always had her family. However, now that the actions of her parents caused someone heartbreak made her feel bad.

"I can't believe you both did that." Freya let out, looking at the two with disbelief.

"You don't think I know that! l know I screwed up. I loved her, okay? But that one moment got me my daughter so I don't regret it. I wish I fought for her." Klaus yelled, frustrated.

"Do you really think she'd ever get back with the man that cheated on her?" Davina spat, sending a look of hatred. He was delusional if he thought that she would go back to him if he had fought for her.

"Do you think she's still in Mystic Falls, dad?" Hope asked filled with ambition so her father can get his happy ending.

"I suppose there is a chance she lives in Mystic Falls." Elijah commented.

"Dad, it's alright. You may have another chance to get back together with her." Hope said with determination to get her father with the woman he loves. "What is her name?'