xvi. rejection at its finest

________

________

Hope, Sadie, and Vanessa stood in Hope's room and struggled to find an outfit to wear for the bonfire party. Vanessa wanted to dress nicely and impress Hayden, the new guy. Hope wanted to make Nate realise that she is better than Eleanora.

"Ugh, I give up. I don't know what to wear." Vanessa exclaimed as she plopped down on the bed.

"I heard somebody needs help." Rebekah called, as she walked in with a smirk.

Hope's eyes widened by the presence of her aunt. Rebekah had told her she was busy but here she was. "Yes, you're here. We really need your help."

"Yes, we do." Sadie agreed.

"Okay, give me like a few minutes and we'll get this show started." Rebekah exclaimed with a huge smile.

After a while, Rebekah had found a few outfits and gave them to the girls. They didn't like it. A couple of outfits later, the three girls had found an outfit that they liked.

Vanessa wore a black dress with a dark black denim jacket. Sadie wore a white crop top shirt and a plaited faded red skirt with patterns on it. Hope wore a black dress that fit her body well.

"Thank you so much." The girls chimed in together, with an appreciative tone.

"You're welcome. Now go before you are too late." Rebekah laughed as she shooed off the girls.

________

Eleanora danced around with Stephanie as they drank their tequila. Nate watched his girlfriend with a small smirk as he drank his alcohol whereas Evelyn stood beside him, impatiently waiting and hoping that Hayden would show up. All the people from their school were there enjoying the night and not paying any attention to the people beside them.

Eleanora wore a black corset top with a lace front and high-waisted dark blue denim jeans. She had her hair out as she danced, and a necklace clasped around her neck.

Hope arrived at the bonfire and addressed the scene of the party. She saw Eleanora, Stephanie, and Lizzie dancing. Josie was talking to some other people from their school whilst Nate and Evelyn just stood on the side drinking. Hayden was nowhere to be seen.

"Okay, you got this girl." Vanessa encouraged as she grabbed her friend's shoulder.

"I- I- I can't do this." Hope stuttered with a nervous expression

"Yes, you can." Sadie replied.

"You got this. Now go and get your man." Vanessa exclaimed as she pushed the auburn-haired girl in the direction of her crush.

Hayden had arrived and noticed Evelyn standing by a branch in a gorgeous outfit.

He approached her and spoke. "Hey, you look amazing."