iv. awkward dinners

________

________

Cassandra had told Stefan, Damon, Elena, Bonnie, and Enzo that they were invited to dinner by the Mikaelson's to which she agreed. They all groaned once they found out and protested but Cassie had told them that they should go and tell them everything before they snoop around. They all agreed except Damon who they eventually convinced.

Currently, the Mystic Falls group and their children were in front of the Mikaelson Mansion. Stephanie, Evelyn, Nate, and Eleanora came with their parents all dressed up. Atlas had decided not to come because he had football training. However, all the kids knew that it was an excuse.

"Should we quickly run away?" Eve muttered to her best friend, Eleanora.

Eleanora snorted and playfully replied. "Oh Evie, I don't run."

"We could just snap their snaps and bam dinner's over." Damon remarked as the uncle and niece's trio considered the idea.

"No way am I risking my life." Eve spoke as she laughed. "Mum would kill us all with her glare."

"Turn around." Eleanora quickly said as the three turned around facing their backs towards the entrance of the mansion.

Eleanora held her hands out and closed her eyes. She snapped her fingers, and a bottle of tequila came up. Evelyn's eyes went wide, and she snatched the bottle out of her friend's hand and took a huge sip.

"Drink up." Eleanora mused as Damon laughed at his niece's actions. "Uncle Damon put your hand out."

Damon did as told and after Eleanora snapped her fingers a bottle of bourbon appeared in his hands. "This is why you're my favourite."

Evelyn gasped in shock and she left at her uncle offended by his words. When Eleanora wasn't looking he looked at his niece and shook his head so she doesn't get annoyed.

Eleanora took a sip of the tequila until a voice called out. "What are you guys doing standing there?" The voiced belonged to her mother, Bonnie.

Eleanora's eyes went wide, and she quickly snapped her finger's causing the beverages to disappear. The three walked up to the rest of the family. "We were just telling Uncle Damon to not do anything stupid."

Damon gasped as he squinted his eyes at Eleanora and Eve telling them that he'll get back at them.

Elena nodded and agreed. "Good call."

Cassie then continued and knocked on the door to which Elijah opened. He welcomed the Salvatore's and Bennett families into his house.

"Hello, I'm glad you guys joined us for dinner." Elijah said as he walked them to the living room where the rest of the family was.

The Mikaelson's all stepped forward and introduced themselves.

"This is Hope, Klaus and Hayley's daughter." Elijah introduced last of all, as the girl waved at the Mystic Falls group. The females sent a polite smile and the men nodded at the girl.