xxxiii. recognising the actions of beloved

________

________

A week had passed since Eleanora had 'died'. She spent this time going to school and focusing on her magic. Ever since her supposed death and meeting her parents, Eleanora couldn't describe how she felt - overwhelmed, tired, and felt like she was dead. She was living and breathing but she felt like a ghost.

On the other hand, Hope Mikaelson was disappointed that Eleanora didn't die. This meant that all of her friend's attention would still be on her, and Nate will still focus on her. Hayley had noticed what her daughter was feeling and told her that she could kill the adopted Bennett-St John Witch.

Hope denied this, as much as she would love to get rid of the biggest problem in her life, Eleanora, she couldn't. Her family would most probably find out.

The auburn-haired tribrid had it all planned out. She was going to make Nate Salvatore fall in love with her. It was going to happen, and Hope would make sure of that. She was going to make Eleanora's friends, become her friends.

Hope planned to take over Eleanora's life and replace her with herself.

Since there was a bonfire party in the woods again, Hope was going to stick it with Nate. She was going to talk to him and tell him about her feelings. Hope didn't care whatever history he had or has with Eleanora, what she had planned was going to happen either way.

________

Evelyn sat with Eleanora in the Bennett-St John Residence while looking for an outfit to wear.

"Mhm, I'd wear this, but it's too dark." Eleanora commented putting the dress against her skin.

Evelyn hummed along but her mind wasn't paying attention as she lay on the bed.

Eleanora sighed when she realised that Evelyn was out of it. She sat down next to her and spoke. "What's wrong? You seem out of it today."

"I've just been thinking about the past few weeks ever since Nate and you broke up." Evelyn took a deep breath. "It's just that we haven't spent a lot of time and I know it's because Nate and I are twins. But- "

Eleanora interrupted her before she could continue. "No buts, okay? I avoid you because I didn't want to put you in an awkward situation stuck between your twin and your best friend."

"I wasn't going to be stuck. Remember the promise we made. Whatever between you and Nate, nothing will change between us." Evelyn reminded the brunette.

"I was scared but I was delusional for being scared." Eleanora replied.

"You know, boyfriends and girlfriends are gonna come and go but this is for life." Evelyn exclaimed as Eleanora attacked her with a tight hug causing Evelyn to fall back onto the bed with Eleanora on top of her.