xxxv. confessions of the unknown

________

________

"Told you he didn't love you."

Eleanora heard a voice inside her head. She thought she was going crazy. For a second, the brunette-haired girl thought it was the ancestors, but soon after realised that it wasn't them.

"Who is it?" She called out as she walked around her little cottage with caution. Her hands were out prepared to attack if necessary.

"You're not crazy." The voice spoke once again. This time Eleanora was definitely sure that the voice come from her head.

"Who the hell are you?" Eleanora spoke as she walked in front of the full-body mirror in the corner of the room, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

"I'm you. But the evil, you. I'm Eleanora."

"Sure, you are." Eleanora laughed. She was sure that someone was playing a trick and prank on her.

"I'm the darker parts of you. The realistic part of you. The anger, the revenge that you want, all that negativity. I'm you." The voice spoke this time.

"If you are me, then why aren't we one human being?" Eleanora questioned, confused.

"Because why would the ancestors want the chosen one to be anything but a pure girl and a ray of sunshine. Just like you."

"I-I'm so confused right now." Eleanora stuttered. Everything that was happening was confusing her. It was all too much. She wished to just close her eyes and sleep only to wake up to a world with no drama, just happiness. However, the world isn't like that.

"Do you know how it feels to be stuck and not be able to speak up for myself. For us." The voice spoke louder to Eleanora, causing Eleanora to mockingly laugh and harshly brush her fingers through her hair.

"You don't know what it likes to be me. We aren't the same person." Eleanora exclaimed with frustration.

"Oh, but we are. I have been here through all the moments of you, our, life. But you just didn't know. Do you know the number of times I've wanted to protect us, you. Like when Hope kissed Nate or when Dana pushed you in 8th grade." The voice exclaimed.

"Why'd you come out now?" Eleanora asked with curiosity.

"Her powers. They were losing control and were going to control your body if I didn't use that energy and come here. I practically saved your life." The voice bragged.

"Sure. Then why can't I see you?" Eleanora questioned. She was creeped out that the darker parts of her were trapped inside of her. She wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"Because I'm in my head. I can only come out if you want me to."

Eleanora closed her eyes and squeezed them shut, hoping for the voice to go away. To forget about the previous events of the night. She took a deep breath to control her emotions, her magic. She was fighting with herself to gain control whereas a big part of her just wanted to collapse and let her magic free to do whatever it wished to do.