xii. studying at the grill

________

________

Mystic Grill

Hope arrived at the Grill where Vanessa and Sadie were already sitting at a table. She joined them with a bright smile, and they immediately ordered food.

As they waited, Vanessa spoke so the conversation would get started. "So, what happened at your night out with the girls?" She asked, referring to the popular group of people in their school. Evelyn, Eleanora, Josie, Stephanie, and Lizzie.

"It was fine, very awkward at the start, but it got better, and they were slowly getting comfortable around me." Hope explained with a smile.

"How'd you even get an invite?" Sadie asked, curiously.

Hope's eyebrows furrowed and replied. "I bumped into Eleanora, and she told us that she was in a hurry because she was meeting up with the girls. My Aunt Rebekah suggested that she took me with her, and she agreed.

Sadie's eyes widened in realisation, and she nodded. "Ah okay."

Hope looked confused and Vanessa replied noticing her expression. "I think Eleanora only invited you because she didn't want your aunt who is an original vampire to get mad."

"And they usually have a sleepover." Sadie butted in.

Hope's shoulders slumped down, and she spoke. "So, she only invited me out of fear, and they only tolerated me until I left."

"You said they opened up to you so maybe they got comfortable in your presence and got to know and realised that you're an amazing person." Sadie tried to comfort the girl.

"Anyways, enough of the sappy talk, you don't need them you have us." Vanessa exclaimed with a bright contagious smile causing Hope to laugh.

"Did you see Nate?" Sadie questioned the Mikaelson.

Hope's sad expression from before lit up and brighten as her eyes went back to the night when she saw him at the Salvatore. Her mind referred to Eleanora who he was within the bathroom, kissing and making out.

Hope's bright expression immediately dimmed down, and a frown got attached to her face. "I saw him with Eleanora. I think they both were kissing because of their appearances."

"Who cares?" Vanessa remarked with a roll of eyes. "How did it feel seeing him?"

"I felt my stomach flutter and my face got red because of how flustered I was. Let me tell you, he looked hot. His hair was all messy and lips were swollen." Hope informed as she remembered the moment from that night.

"You wish that was you." Sadie teased causing Hope to blush, confirming her suspicions of her liking him.

"Is it just a crush that will go away or do you actually like him, like want a relationship with him?" Vanessa questioned with curious eyes as she subconsciously leaned closer.