xxxiv. silence before the chaos

________

________

The Mystic Falls girl group decided to wear fluorescent clothing. Eleanora settled with a pink, fluorescent dress which rested up till her mid-thigh along with white strap-on heels. Evelyn wore a similar dress but in a different colour.

Eleanora had her hair straightened which made it longer than usual. Her hair looked different in comparison to her naturally wavy hair. She added a simple makeup look and was sure to spray her favourite perfume on herself before she left.

Eleanora and Evelyn arrived at the bonfire party together at the perfect time. Not too late but not too early. They were greeted with drinks from Josie and Lizzie and immediately drank them in one go.

"You guys look hot." Lizzie yelled over the loud music causing the two best friends to thank her.

"Finally, Hayden's been looking for you." Josie told the blonde, whose eyes met with Hayden's as he leaned on a tree, raising his bottle towards her.

"That's my cue." Evelyn laughed as she walked backwards.

"Use protection." Eleanora teased the blonde, receiving two middle fingers from her.

"Now, your turn. My annoying cousin has been looking for you. So, bye." Lizzie informed the brunette, before turning and pushing her in the direction of her cousin.

"Have fun." Josie yelled.

Eleanora shook her head at the actions of Lizzie Saltzman but walked over to the brunette Salvatore who was sitting on a lodge. He was wearing a white shirt and black jeans, still looking amazing even in a simple outfit.

Nate noticed Eleanora's presence as she walked over to him. He stood up and greet her with a hug.

"You look gorgeous." Nate complimented the love of his life, as he lifts her hand and twirled her around in front of him, with his hands then resting on her waist.

Eleanora blushed at his words but composed herself. "You don't look too bad yourself, mister."

"Well, I try." Nate replied as he sat back onto the lodge with his hands sliding from Eleanora's waist to her hips and pulling her into his legs.

Eleanora's hands rested on the back of his neck and shoulders before her eyes widened. "You won't believe what happened..." Eleanora narrated the whole scenario with Enzo, her father, being dramatic when he saw Evelyn and Eleanora hugging.

By the end of the explanation, Eleanora was sitting on his left leg, looking exactly like a couple to onlookers.

"Uncle Enzo is very protective." Nate commented, laughing.

"I mean, if I had a son or daughter, I would be too." Eleanora unconsciously spoke, before her eyes widened. Nate smiled at the thought of having a mini-Eleanora or mini-Nate running around the house.

"Anyways..." Eleanora changed the conversation. "Where's Atlas? I haven't seen him or Steph."

"I was going to ask you the same." Nate replied, confused.

"Who knows? Most probably Atlas being Atlas." Eleanora murmured as she leaned into Nate's hold.

"Let's go see the twins. Then we can dance. I'll go get a drink." Nate suggested as Eleanora agreed. He noticed that Eleanora was going to speak. "Tequila, right?"

Eleanora nodded with a faint blush spreading across her cheeks. He still remembers her drink.

Eleanora stood up from the lodge that Nate placed her on before getting them drinks and took her phone out. She tried getting a signal to call Stephanie or Atlas but was having a hard time finding one.

She walked towards the edge of the bonfire party, and slightly into the woods and luckily found enough signal. Eleanora called Stephanie twice, but she didn't pick up and resorted to calling Atlas.

"Atlas, why aren't you guys here at the party?" Eleanora yelled, having difficulty hearing the other side since the music was very loud. Her other hand covered her ear which wasn't pressed against the phone.

"We...but... fine..." Atlas spoke but it came out in mumbled pieces.

"What?" Eleanora questioned.

"Grounded!" Atlas yelled.

"Geez, you don't need to be loud." Eleanora snorted as she teased him. "You better tell me all the details later."

"Of course." Atlas replied.

"Take care of Steph and stay safe." Eleanora yelled before she hung up.

Eleanora chuckled as she walked back to the bonfire party. She looked around the dance and couldn't find Nate. She saw Evelyn and Hayden dancing, and Josie talking to some people whilst Lizzie danced with some dude.

Eleanora's eyes skimmed around the place until she saw the white shirt and black jeans. However, there was a person with a red dress pressed against Nate.

Eleanora watched the two and realised that the girl was Hope. Hope who likes her former boyfriend. Within a few seconds, she sees Hope attach her lips to Nate's who doesn't seem to push away.

Eleanora felt like her world was breaking apart. She quickly turned away and walked off into the woods. She couldn't stay here anymore. She knew the way to the witches' house from the party and ran there.

Eleanora felt sadness and anger causing her to push some items off the desk and throw some things.

The chocolate-haired witch knew that she and Nate weren't dating but the way they were acting was like a couple. Eleanora was slowly gaining control over her magic and was going to tell Nate about her progress since he had been very supportive about it. But that plan goes down the drain.

The anger she felt vanishes and all Eleanora was left with sadness and loneliness. She leaned against the wall as she fell crying as the light bulb shattered and the wind picked up.

All the progress that Eleanora had worked for was gone. The control that Eleanora had was slowly slipping yet she didn't realise it. How would she? She was too distracted to realise.

Eleanora managed to compose her magic after a few moments and took deep breaths. She embraced the silence until she heard a voice that came from her head. She knew that it was from her head.

"Told you that he didn't love you."

________

hope you loved this chapter!!