xxix. the sounds of pain

________

________

Eleanora sat at the back of the car with Atlas on her right, Enzo sitting in the passenger seat, and Damon driving whilst he sung Taylor Swift songs which were playing loudly in the car. They were on their way back from their little brunch after they stuffed their faces with pancakes and waffles.

The place that they went to, was an hour away, and sold the best pancakes and waffles in the world, in Eleanora's eyes. Their food just melted in her mouth; it was like magic. It was just outside of Mystic Falls.

Eleanora created an occasion when she was younger that at least once a month they would eat at the place. She practically grew up eating the food. The owners of the place were an old couple who were familiar with Eleanora and loved her. They treated her like her own which is why Eleanora loves them. Having breakfast at their place was also a way for Eleanora to check up on them.

The old couple were young high school sweethearts who were still in love in their old age. Eleanora looked up to this and wanted this with Nate. She looked up to the love that they still had in their eyes for each other. It was breathtaking to her.

Currently, Eleanora's patience was running thin with Damon's singing and the songs. She used her magic to turn off the magic with a satisfied smile on her face.

"Really, Eleanora? Read the sign. 'No magic in this car'." Damon pointed to the sign that he had created from his children, nieces, and nephews, and especially Eleanora.

"Oops, I forgot about the sign. Guess I can't use magic to turn on your music." Eleanora smirked as she watched Damon fumble around with the buttons of his car in an attempt to turn on the music - failing of course.

"How long do we have left?" Atlas grumbled. His father, Damon, and Eleanora, were like children, always bickering and arguing. He has also had enough of them for the day, actually month, and can't deal with them anymore. At least, not with them in the same room.

"Like 15 minutes." Enzo replied. He rolled his eyes at his best friend and daughter. They both acted like children which is fine for Eleanora since she is actually a child, but Damon? That man is more than a hundred and fifty years old.

"So, dad, I was meaning to ask you, but can we get a dog?" Eleanora asked, moving herself to the middle and pushing her face in the gap between the passenger and driver seat.

"A dog? No way." Enzo protested.

"Please, dad." Eleanora attempted to convince, pouting but Enzo wasn't looking at her.

"Well, you have to ask your mom." Enzo said, without agreeing and disagreeing.

"It's alright, I'm just messing with you, dad. Taking care of a dog will hard, especially since Alora is still a baby." Eleanora laughed.

"She got you there." Damon teased Enzo who sighed in relief. Eleanora high-fives Damon and Atlas.

All of a sudden, Eleanora spots a deer lying on the middle of the road. "Stop."