xxv. clearing the air

Mikaelson Mansion

Kol and Davina left the dinner after technically being kicked out by Damon. They were appalled by the breakup of Nate and Eleanora. It wasn't something that was ever expected. Nobody would've thought that Mystic Falls Golden Couple would break up.

"I can't believe that happened." Davina muttered to Kol as they walked into the Mikaelson Mansion.

"What can't you believe?" Klaus's voice questioned from the couch. Davina and Kol discreetly look at each other, confirming that they won't reveal the news to anyone.

"Damon burned the pasta and Elena got mad." Kol lied.

Rebekah snarled at the mention of the doppelganger that she hated. She hated all of the doppelgangers but the most recent one was the most hated by Rebekah. It first started when Rebekah got undaggered and discovered that her once love, Stefan, loved her.

Rebekah originally resented Elena due to Stefan breaking her heart and betraying her for Elena. She also became enraged when she saw that Elena was wearing her dead mother's necklace and she attacked Elena. Then her getting stabbed in the back with a dagger, which she was right to be mad about. She resented the life that Elena had, the friends, the loyalty, and the Salvatore brothers.

"Well, that must've been eventful." Hayley commented with a roll of her eyes.

Davina pursed her lips. "Well, we're tired so we'll see you tomorrow."

A number of 'goodbyes' were echoed as the coupe walked up the stairs to their bedroom. Davina muttered a silencing spell so nobody would pry into their conversation.

"That was close." Kol snorted.

Hope also called it a night and went into her bedroom. She muttered a spell to overpower Davina's spell, so she could listen to their conversation.

"Yeah, it was. We need to be careful." Davina reminded. "We can't let them know about stuff happening among the Mystic Fall gang."

"Got it." Kol murmured. "But I still can't believe that they broke up. Nate and Eleanora. I would've never seen it coming."

"Neither. Well, I hope they get back together soon." Davina replied.

Hope stopped listening to the conversation with wide eyes. She couldn't believe it. Nate and Eleanora had broken up. This was her chance. Her chance to finally get Nate.

Hope quickly sent a text to Vanessa and Sadie, informing them about the news she just found out. She internally squealed in delight as a bright smile graced her lips. She wasn't going to let this opportunity slip. She will get Nate, no matter what happens.

________

The Next Day

"Why are we doing this?" Atlas groaned. Eleanora had dragged him out for a jog early in the morning. He understood that he said that he'd be there for her, but he thought it meant to talk to her. He didn't sign up for early morning jogs.

"Endorphins. They are mood-elevating hormones. It's supposed to make us feel better. Now, I just need a little motivation before I clear the air with Nate." Eleanora huffed and puffed.

"Great because jogging is going to help." He replied as both he and Eleanora collapsed on the ground, heavily breathing.

"Hey, quit whining. You're supposed to do this since you're my person. And aren't you supposed to be an athlete? You are supposed to like this." Eleanora scolded.

"It's too early for this." Atlas rolled his eyes. "How are you going to speak to Nate?"

"Well, I texted him to come over to my house."