xxxi. beware of the darkness

________

________

Eleanora's eyes opened wide, and she pushed her body off the bed where she was lying in. She was confused as to how she got here in the first place. Then all of a sudden it hits her, that she died. This most probably was the other side. Eleanora noticed her surroundings. It was all dark and looked like she was in a forest or something.

"Chosen One." A voice called out. Eleanora turned around and saw the one and only, Sheila Bennett. Her mother, Bonnie's grams.

"Grams. Finally, a familiar face in here." Eleanora joked as she hugged the Bennett witch.

"What were you thinking, Eleanora Bennett-St John?" Another voice scolded, joining the two.

"Jenna." Eleanora gasped. "Aren't you supposed to be somewhere else? Like where people go when they find peace."

"Yeah, but when you hear that a certain someone has died, I decided to check it out." Jenna explained. "What the hell were you thinking, Eleanora? You died."

"I know I died." Eleanora playfully rolled her eyes.

"Where is everyone else?"

"This is not some party." Sheila reprimanded the powerful young girl who was treating this whole situation like it was nothing.

"Might as well be one now that I'm here." Eleanora laughed but become quiet when she noticed Sheila staring at her with a serious expression. "Come on, loosen up, Grams, we are dead. We have nothing to lose."

"You aren't dead, Eleanora." Sheila vaguely replied.

"Well, clearly I am." Eleanora gestured towards her surroundings.

"Eleanora, you're in between life and death. You're in the halls of the halfway." Jenna explained. "The only reason you are here is that the ancestors wanted you here."

"Why do the ancestors want me here?" Eleanora questioned. To say that she was confused was an understatement. Jenna and Sheila weren't making any sense to her. They were explaining things vaguely.

"Your magic. It hasn't been under control." Sheila exclaimed as they walked in the unknown path of the forest.

"I know, but I'm working on it." Eleanora tried to convince. Everything that was happening was just a rollercoaster. She hadn't had the time to focus on magic, she was too busy. She was always doing something. However, recent events had shaken her life up a bit, and were always too distracted.

"Let her finish." Jenna told. "You only have a certain amount of time with us before you have to go back to the land of the living."

"Your emotions have been controlling your magic. And that is one of the most dangerous things that could happen to a witch, especially you." Sheila explained as Eleanora tried to wrap her mind around this information. She knew emotions controlling a witch's magic was their downfall. However, Eleanora also knew that she wasn't no ordinary witch.