vii. jealously, jealousy

________

________

Hope frowned when the winner of the Miss Mystic Falls pageant was announced. Everyone went to congratulate Eleanora as she had won where Landon gave her a small and said it's okay. She watched Eleanora for a moment and her frown deepened. What does Eleanora have that she doesn't? They both wore a similar coloured dress as hers was more of a scarlet red whereas Hope's was more on the maroon side. Either way, they both were dressed well and danced well. The only thing that Eleanora had that she didn't was Nate.

Nathaniel Kol Salvatore. She couldn't get her mind off him. There was something about him that made her want to know him more. However, that would be hard since he is a part of the Mystic Fall group and always around them.

Hope got pulled out of her thoughts when her family and friends approached her.

"It's fine Hope, you can always try next year." Rebekah tried to reassure.

"Yes, honey, you'll obviously win next time." Hayley said as she pulled her daughter into a hug.

"You danced amazingly." Elijah commented which put a small smile on her face.

"Good job, little wolf. You look beautiful." Klaus said, hugging his daughter.

"You were great, Hope." Davina and Kol both said.

They all tried to cheer her up which ended up working as they brought a small smile to her face. Her family started talking amongst themselves.

"We really thought that you would win." Sadie said with a small frown and a look of annoyance.

Hope looked at her confused at her display of annoyance. Vanessa noticed this and told. "For the past two years, it's always someone out of that group that wins the Miss Mystic Falls pageant."

Hope nodded as a look of realisation came on her face. Vanessa continued to speak. "It's annoying really. We used to think that they would compel the judge; however, the mayor takes vervain."

"We both had a feeling that Eleanora would win but you looked so gorgeous with that dress, so we thought you had a chance." Sadie explained to the new girl, who blushed at the indirect compliment.

"It seems that nobody stands a chance against Eleanora." Vanessa grumbled, looking at Eleanora who was celebrating with her family.

"What do you mean? Nobody stands a chance?" Hope asked, confused.

"She's the Chosen One. They are pure souls who are naturally liked by people. She always helps people out and is really nice." Sadie explained, describing Eleanora's nature.

"She doesn't even try to do anything. I mean maybe she does. But everyone always picks her. She's the one that everyone can't help but love. Mystic Fall's Sweetheart." Vanessa groaned as she glared at the chosen one.