Games

"We're gonna have a ball soon."

That sentence made Wendy stand up. "What?"

"We're gonna have a ball soon. Blood moon is coming soon. You know how the rituals are, right? This time it will be open to the public." your mother said.

"But... then the people would come inside and who knows the librarian lady, the crazy empress and her son and their army would come inside. And they'd start an attack! Don't you know that?!" she practically yelled at her.

Your mother took a deep breath to calm herself down. "I know that."

"So why are you doing this?! Lives will be in danger because of it!"

"You're not even listening to me! I'm doing this because people would come inside. The army would be less in number to not raise suspicion and the librarian lady... she doesnt seem suspicious at all. My daughter said she never tried to harm her. She didnt ask for things about the castle. She just stayed there for a long time in that abandoned place."

She half guessed what her plan would be like. They'd evacuate everyone and the army's of both sides would clash. Since they'd be in less in number , they'd get cornered and the queen would finish them off there. Or they would surrender. "How can you be so sure about her then?"

"Cause I trust my daughter."

Wendy rolled her eyes and slammed open the door to leave. She was angry. Very angry. She had heard the conversation between that girl and you but she was still suspicious about her intentions.

She felt that the queen didnt care about the lives, especially of her daughter's. 'What if the so-called plan of hers fails? Their military is stronger than ours, even if we have the best strategies.' she thought.

Whatever was happening right now, she hoped her niece wouldnt die.

Somehow, the elders had told the youngsters about it. Jungkook and your friend thought they were being stupid but didnt say it aloud. But Somi and you did.

"Mom i don't mean any offence but don't you think it's a little stupid? We could just do the blood moon rituals by ourselves, right? Why invite the public as well?"

"y/n."

"Yes?"

"The reason we're doing it, its cause if we have this the targets would come inside and we'd easily kill them. You're finally going to be show to the kingdom and by that time who knows they'd start a-"

"So you're gonna use y/n as bait?" Somi spoke up.

"No we're not gonna use her as bait. We're jus-"

"But it seems like it. Show her on the top of the world and someone will try to kill her immediately. Dont you think we'll be risking her safety."

"Somi do you think im that stupid?"

She ignored her. "But those people are so strong. We got the best strategies but their power is so much more than ours. Yes, there's a chance we'd be the one winning if they surrender but they'd be no equal for us. You're just leading y/n to her death."

Wendy spoke up. "Somi, leave right now."

"Why should i? A mother is using her child as bait."

You couldnt take it anymore and dragged Somi outside. The other youngsters left the place behind you.

Wendy smiled in sarcasm. "Even the youngsters think you're being stupid."

"But its gonna happen no matter what."

"Sure."

It was happening even though nobody liked it.

The night before, Jimin had a dream that his mom came inside the castle. When you were being announced you exist, she launched an arrow at you. What happened next he couldn't remember.

Oh great.

Wendy had somehow managed to half convince herself that nothing was gonna happen to you. The queen said you were gonna have a few protection spells around you but Wendy put too many protection spells around you. Even if her energy was drained she couldn't risk you dying.

Maybe she's a little stupid but then she cates about you.

Not that she might die because of overworking her energy too much but it's fine.

You had this huge gown to wear which was just so damn heavy. It was beautiful but what your mother was doing made you hate it so much.

Wendy had passed out before the ball which clearly showed maybe they shouldn't do this but then she just said.

"Yes she has passed out but then hundreds of people have already come and we can't just tell them to leave. It'll look bad on us."

"We? Us? It's more like you. Nobody wants to do this. Only you want to, your majesty." Somi snapped. "All of us have been protesting but you just want us to do this.

"You so badly want everyone to kill your daughter don't you?"

"Somi!"

"Shut up. Let me speak I wasn't do-"

Slap! The queen had finally given her a good smack across Somi's face. She just flicked her wrist. "I wanted to give you a slap so badly. And I finally did."

That just shocked everyone. "Guards take this girl to the dungeons. She has been annoying me since she came here."

Even the guards had hesitated to raise a hand on her. How could they suddenly turn their backs at someone who they knew for six months?

"What are you waiting for?! Do you want me to give you an invitation now? Take her away right now!"

Somi trashed and screamed at them to leave her. She cursed the queen a hundred million times while being dragged away.

"Now who wants to go along with her?"

"Me!"

The youngsters raised their hands. Including you. The queen was shocked. She gave an evil smile.

"Well then... guards put them in our special rooms. They'll finally realize that what they want is wrong."