Chapter 1? For now, yeah...

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV:
Walking out of the Denoir Estate's main door, I noticed that Caera has been acting strangely ever since she had been dragged to have a private conversation with Lenora. 'Families are weird.

Maybe she got scolded for spending time with you, knowing how bad of an influence you can be' Regis said accusingly.

'Shut up. I'm not that bad. Besides the Denoir's were the one who asked her to lure me to their estate, remember?' I thought back to Regis.

As I was having my usual bickering with Regis. I noticed that Caera has been taking furtive glances towards me.

"What is it?" I asked her, wanting to know more about her conversation with her adoptive mother, Lenora. She shook her head before turning towards me and fixed her ruby eyes on me. Her face a bright crimson, her lips quivering.

"Is something the matter? You know you can talk to me about it, right?".  "I know, Grey. But it's nothing, really. Maybe I should've worn something appropriate for the weather..." Caera'a said softly, more to herself than me.

Her words brought me back to my senses as I realised that it has started snowing. With my Asuran body it wasn't anything out of the ordinary to notice it, but....I stopped my thoughts as my eyes fixed on Caera's prone form. It brought back the memory of us spending time together in the snowy zone of the relictombs. I felt warmth in my heart. 'Why am I feeling this way?' I asked myself.

'Maybe you're finally feeling the similarities between you and the horned goddess' Regis interrupted. 'W-what similarities?' I sputtered. It made me realise that he's right. I thought about the conversation we shared regarding Caera's situation with her family and how I couldn't help but compare with my own family.

'But why am I feeling that now, of all times? Is it because of the strange relationship between Caera and her adoptive mother?' I asked myself and Regis, thinking back to how Caera had seemed entirely different from her usual self. Her caring yet aloof, casual yet authoritative nature entirely gone, replaced with cold and almost submissive side that she had shown to her mother.'

'Im pretty sure Caera only shows that side to you. I mean, I don't see anyone else she considers her true family. She's like a male of version of 'Grey'.' Regis chortled. I was momentarily stunned by his words.

Although I've known about Caera's personal life, which for some reason never made me bother much about, I also realised that she's...alone! She has no friends, no family that she could rely on, and has no say in her own life...' 'Hey, maybe you should treat her better.' Regis cut me off, almost in a mocking tone.

A tinge of guilt passed inside me hearing his words. I wanted to say that it was all just a precaution. To keep myself safe from the prying eyes. To not allow myself to be caught by my enemies. But....is Caera my enemy? 'Are you seriously wondering about that now? How many times has she put her life on the line for you? And the way she follows you around.' Regis said in an annoying tone. 'I know. I know.' I thought back to my companion before letting out a long breath.

A sharp voice put me out of my stupor, as I heard Caera's voice calling out to me. That's when I realised that I had stopped on my tracks and that Caera had gone few steps farther.

She looked at me, her gaze confused with slightly frown. "What's wrong, Grey?" She asked. "You weren't answering me. How long are you planning to stand there in this weather? I don't know about you, but I'll soon turn into ice popsicles if I spend another damn minute outside.." she said. Her hands crossed and hugging her body tightly with her posture slightly bend forward.