Chapter 6

(A/N: Part 4 of 4. Yeah. Ik, finally!!!)

Arthur POV:

"Do you think it's the creature?", Caera asked grabbing my arms to keep me from moving forward. She pointed at the far end of the forest lands, where traces of pinkish light glimmered as it moved left and right.

We have been walking deep inside the forest for a day, while not encountering even a single creature, flying or otherwise. Now this is the first trace of movement we've seen in a while.

"Could be", nodding at Caera, I asked Regis to come out 'Regis, are you feeling this?', because I felt traces of aether coming out from whatever that light was.

'Oh yes, princess!', Regis said in an excited tone.

Slowly walking towards the light source, I saw the forest area coming to an end, as the land started to clear.

What we saw made the three of us freeze in spot.

"What the shit", Regis gasped.

"G-Grey! W-What is this? I-Is that really a-", Caera stuttered as her grip around my wrists tightened.

I was speechless! What I saw had made my head spin around in confusion. A 100-feet behemoth looked like it was carved out of the familiar amethyst crystals- that oddly looked in the shape of a- dragon?... Something like a dragon, stood in front of us.

'It can't be a dragon', Regis said in my head, knowing that the creature looked more like a golem, only made of the aether crystals.

But the crystals on its body looked more pinkish than amethyst, resembling the unknown 'pink-particle', which seems to be in larger content, making the crystals glow in pinkish hue.

What's even more odd was that the creature's four legs were- planted to the ground... while its tail coiled around the exit portal behind it. The portal we were looking for...

This descension portal, utterly different from the ones we had used before in the relictombs. This portal seemed to be struck to the ground while the entire ground around its shape seemed to hum and radiate energy.

The creature had its tail stuck to the exit portal, almost sucking off the power from it, which made the portal shimmer, going in and out of its form.

"Try using the relic, Grey", Caera said pulling me out of my thoughts.

Wordlessly I took the relic out of my extradimensional storage rune, with my gaze still fixed on the golem-like dragon.

I tried to imbue aether into the relic to activate the exit-part... But nothing happened. It didn't work. The relic looked like a simple half-sphere with no special properties.

"Um- Grey? I-It's looking at you-", Caera's voice spoke in a whisper next to me.

I quickly cocked my head up to see the dragon's eyes fixed on me. It's ethereal flaming purple eyes fixed on the relic in my hand.

Before I could react, the dragon let out a piercing roar that shot through the sky. The trees behind us started to flutter and uproot like they were some sticks planted on the ground.

Planting my legs strong to the ground, reinforcing my body, I tried to fend off the pressure exuded by the monster.

"The relic doesn't seem to work! Not when the portal isn't stable. We need to get the creature off of its position to activate it. Get ready to distract the creature while I try again", I spoke through while fending off the pressure, to Caera, who simply nodded back.

Once the creature stopped its roar, I quickly shot towards its legs. The creature was big, but it didn't hinder its speed. Seeing my approach, the creature tried to lift its front legs and try to pin me down.