Chapter 5:

(A/N: Sorry for another long ass chapter! This one was supposed to be 6k words. I wrote this in like 4 hours today! I was kinda writing another ff for a while now and got carried away! Wrote it in my phone so there might be some mistakes/ errors. Don't mind em.  To make the chapter short, I divided this into 2 parts. (3k each). I'll be uploading the next one later or some. Cheers!

Arthur POV:

Teleporting out of the cave structure, we reappeared at the entrance of the tunnel opening. The scene was in chaos.

Dust and debris filled the surroundings, blocking a clear view of the surface on top. Series of loud screeching noises echoed throughout the chasm, making the scene look eerie.

Before I could get a hold of the current situation, the dust in front of us cleared only for a familiar looking six-legged creature racing towards us. My senses screamed at me to get out of the creature's way.

My eyes were drawn to the creature's, which looked almost... out of focus and- heedless. I felt Caera tug my sleeves, breaking me out of my stupor.

Hurriedly, I teleported us out of the creature's way. We reappeared a few meters away, on top of a newly fallen debris. It took a few minutes for the area around us to clear off the dust for us to see the extent of the situation. What I saw put me in a daze.

A horde of six-legged creatures of all sizes were running around in the base of the chasm. And even more crawling and falling out from the surface on top.

Many senseless creatures were banging their heads against the rocky walls, continuously without minding about pain and blood sputtering out of their skulls.

Screeching and banging noises were continually reverberating throughout the entire surroundings, not giving a moment of respite for our ears.

'What the heck is wrong with these creatures?', my mind puzzled.

As the chasm shook, chunks of rocks started to fall off from the rocky walls, bringing down the shining aether crystals with them.

'They're trying to get the crystals from the wall surfaces' I thought.

The whole scene was a chaos. As stronger creatures tried to stomp on the weaker ones trying to grab the falling crystals. While some smaller sized creatures tried to steal the crystals from the larger ones, only to be crushed to death by the falling rocks.

Sound of Caera coughing made my attention turn towards her. I noticed the dust settling all around us, making it harder for us to breath.

'Uh Arthur, let's just get out here. Before the monsters try to lop off your aether core for their evening snacks', Regis commented leisurely.

Agreeing with my companion, and not wanting to stay here in this hellhole any longer, I grabbed Caera and pulled her closer, before teleporting out of the chasm.

The scene in the surface wasn't any better. Multiple hordes of beasts and creatures were fighting each other. Many seemed to be aiming for the purple crystals, while some were just fighting senselessly, without any care for their own survival.

'Damn it. Where are we gonna go next? I'd say we get of out of the portal... but there's no sign of it', Regis said. 

'Thanks for stating the obvious, Regis. Now shut the hell up so I can come up with a plan' I retorted.

"Grey, should we walk in that way?", Caera said pointing towards a certain direction.

At first I thought she was just choosing a direction to walk in. But I soon noticed that there were no horde of beasts and creatures fighting in that region; while the rest of the rock surface was filled with countless number of them.