Chapter 10

(A/N: Long chapter. 6k words. I can't stop writing. Don't mind me.)

With confusion still etched in my face, I shot up from the bed at Arcene's words.

My gaze shifted from leaving Arcene's back to Caera. She wasn't wearing her usual ascender clothes, covering up her entire body in protection. No. She was minimally dressed; only certain parts of her body covered in cloth... showing her true figure.

Her horns ornamented in gold chains and precious stones, shimmering under the dimly lit room. The jewellery around her neck and— hips, glittered, accentuating her spotless milky skin.

While before she looked so graceful and dignified, now she looked more gracious and ethereal. All her features were highlighted by the artificial light.

Her abs were partially visible, showing how fit she was. Her bare arms, petite and slim, yet there were lean muscles that showed her constant use of the sword.

She looked like an entirely different person. I couldn't help but compare her with the ancient statues of the Greek Goddesses from my previous world. And, how easily she could pass as one.

Regis's voice snapped me out of my brief reverie. 'Oh my! Is that really our lady Caera? Regis approves' he wolf-whistled.

My gaze quickly shifted to Caera's face— for the first time since she came in. Her face radiated a pinkish tint; her thin lips painted in deep-red, highlighted by the only light source in the room.

Caera just stood there, her gaze shifting from me - to the ground. Silence lingered for a few more minutes before her soft voice spoke, "Umm... Grey, stop looking at me like that."

I let out a fake cough before averting my gaze off Caera. "I-I'm sorry." My face burned in embarrassment at my own action, as I sat back on the bed.

She still stood there, her usually stoic attitude replaced by one of a shy woman. Her gaze was lowered, almost looking at her own feet.

"W-What exactly happened? You seem— different. Are you okay?" I gestured to her 'new outfit'.

She bit her lips and kept her gaze lowered to the ground. "Umm... it's Arcene. She— took me to her place and" —she sighed— "I'm not sure what she was thinking that we're going to do. A group of women came in and started dressing me up... like this. And brought me here... to you"

"R-Right. I'm sorry about that. This is my fault, partially." I said, feeling a tinge of guilt.

She shrugged, finally looking like up to my eyes. "It's fine, Grey. We need to put up with— this...if we ever want to get out of this zone, right?"

I nodded back at her words, while the conversation with Silvairos came to my mind. I sighed. Prophecy my ass.

"You can change back if you want to", I said gesturing to her outfit, that she was very conscious about as she haven't taken a single step yet, since Arcene left.

She looked thoughtful for a while before nodding.

I stood up from the bed and started walking to the entrance door. "Great. I'll go wait outside till you're done."

But before I could step near the door, I heard Caera speak. "Um I-I think it's better if you stay in here, Grey."

I almost slipped on my tracks at her words. My face instantly heated up, before I spun around to look at Caera.

She was in confusion at my sudden action, before her eyes widened, when she understood what she had just said. "W-Wait. Wait. That's not wha— I mean, Arcene is... she said she'll wait outside if" —she bit her lips as a slight blush appeared on her cheeks— "if, we need anything— during our..." she shook her head, while her eyes blinked several times.