Chapter 20 (18+)

(A/N1: I've been forced to update, entirely non-consensual ;-;)

(A/N2: Also... a 18+ Chapter: SEXUAL ACTS AHEAD, you know what to do...)

CAERA DENOIR POV:

"Do you like the food?", Lenora asked Grey as she looked at him with eyes full of expectance. But, Grey didn't answer her, as he was playing with his fork, while his eyes looked...unfocused.

"Grey?!", I whispered next to his ears, while giving him a little nudge on his arm. "H-Huh, sor—", he jerked a little, before turning his gaze on me and looked in confusion. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked him in a low tone as my eyes studied his face closely.

Looking back at me, he silently nodded, his feline golden eyes slowly returning to focus.

"Sorry, I was a little distracted", he said while looking at all four of us sitting on our dining room at the Denoir's Estate. My parents had invited Grey and I for a meal, albeit for what reason? I can't seem to remember exactly.

It must be because Corbett, my adoptive father, and Grey—they both have gotten quite closer in the past few months. I couldn't hear the end of it when Corbett calls me often, to praise Grey and his wits. And how 'he's so good at Sovereign's quarrel.'

As happy as I was about seeing Grey getting along with my adoptive parents, I was also envious of them. There was only one thought inside my mind.

Grey is mine. I'm not sharing him with anyone!

It sounded crazy and selfish even inside my head...but, I relaxed when I felt like—'that', only regarding 'Sovereign's quarrel'; not—the other things...

After all, I was the one who taught him how to play the game. So I was obviously jealous to see him playing it with the others.

Would I start feeling jealous if I start doing—other things, with him?, I wondered, making my face gain heat.

Suddenly a sound of snorting from the other side of the table caught my attention. I looked at the man, a Vritra blooded, sitting next to my adoptive brother Lauden. He was the latest suitor my blood has roped in for me. Yet I never cared enough to learn his name.

Though my parents were insistent on me spending more time with the man, than Grey, I rebuked them saying that, "it's my life and I'll be with whomever I want to be with." I also threatened that I'll kill myself by going to the Relictombs again, if they ever marry me to a suitor without my full consent.

My adoptive parents looked at me in horror at first. But soon they realised the kind of situation they were in, and stopped.

"I didn't know Grey here lacks the basics of table manners. I wonder why he was invited here"—the Vritra blooded man paused as he looked at me—"and why is lady Caera sitting with him."

I peered back at the man, my hand tightly clutching the fork as they bent out of shape. "It's PROFESSOR—Grey! And an ascender" I said out loud for the man to hear. He simply snorted back and swatted away my words with his hands. Jealous motherfucker!

My heart started beating fast as mana coerced through my veins; the raging soul fire ready to be unleashed. I wanted to burn the man to crisp; leave nothing but traces of dust.

But I suddenly stopped, as I felt a hand on my thighs slightly squeezing it. The familiar touch sucking out all the 'wrath and tension' from my body, as I instantly relaxed.

Turning to my side I saw Grey. He simply shook his head at me, asking me to stay quiet. I immediately nodded back to him, almost instinctively. 'Okay, daddy—', I stopped myself from finishing that thought as my face blushed.