Chapter 7

Arthur POV:

"You're gonna have to do better than that, pup", I snarled at the shadow wolf.

"Uh Arthur, maybe tone it down a bit? Unless you want to wreck the whole place", Regis said hesitantly.

It took me a few moments to break out of my battle mode; when I realised that the entire training ground was broken and the protective runes flickered in and out, barely holding the room in place. "Shit!"

"You got me worried there! I know you want to get stronger, but destroying the one place that we have, to train freely, it hardly makes any sense" Regis said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, might've gone a little overboard there" I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Maybe let's tr—", Regis stopped mid-sentence and ran to the corner of the room and laid down silently.

I understood his actions just a second later, before he sent me a mental message 'Art, someone's here!'.

Turning my head to the top of the staircase I saw a familiar figure walking down the steps.

A woman in tight-fitting white battle robes, hopped down the stairs in a smooth fashion; her blonde hair tumbled around her shoulders like floating waves, as if she was surrounded by a gentle breeze.

Regis let out a mental whistle inside my head, making me turn and glare at him. He was looking at the approaching figure with a thirsty look. Ignoring his actions, I looked at Abby, my colleague.

"Hey, Grey! I heard that you haven't come out your training room in two days!— Guess it wasn't just a rumour after all" she said waving her hand at me, as her gaze swept over my body.

I was covered in sweat, from the continuous training; my tight white tunic clung to my skin due to the sweat, making me look bedraggled. Lifting my head to look at Abby, I saw her gaze was still fixed on me.

"What are you doing here, Abby?" I asked in a plain tone. My breathing ragged from the long training session.

Regis and I have been training non-stop for the last few days, only taking breaks for recharging my core.

It has been almost two weeks since we fought off that dragon inside the relictombs. Caera had been treated of her injuries and has been resting in her suite ever since.

"I met Lady Caera, and wished her a soon recovery... She had told me about you locking yourself inside the training room for the past two days. She seemed to be in a worry— I came here to check how you're doing" Abby said meekly, her gaze looking over the broken training ground.

I let out a sigh. Knowing that I had gone overboard. But— the memory of seeing Caera's prone form lying helplessly on the ground, it ma—

My thoughts were cut off when I noticed Abby walking close to me. Her amber eyes studied my face in curiosity and nervousness.

I held my ground, curious as to see just what she really wanted. Abby came closer before halting her steps in an arm's length. She lifted her hand up and a towel appeared on her hand, probably from her dimension ring, I thought.

"Here, Grey!", she said while keeping her gaze fixed on mine. When I didn't immediately take the towel, she bit her lips and let her gaze fall on the ground for a moment. I watched her slowly lifting the hand holding the towel, against my face and wiping off the sweat from my cheeks.

Her cheeks turned crimson at her own actions, while her hands trembled a little.

I quickly grabbed her hand while fixing my gaze on her, before speaking. "Thanks— Abby, but I think I can do it myself"