00.03

I apologize in advance if these
chapters are starting to seem
tedious/repetitive. I'm trying to
get to the goods ! But I like to
slow burn these chapters a bit.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE
IF YOU'RE READING
_______________________

ALMOST TIME FOR me to close down. Just a few more hours. The dining area had slowly started to lose more people over the hour, and sooner or later it'll be empty. Mentally, I'm thankful. This night went longer than I expected it to, with greedy customers, and sloppy kids needed extra napkins.

All I want to do is curl up in bed and watch Netflix, after taking a nice warm shower to get whatever crap of the night off of me.

I heard that the wind was really starting to pick up, and the rain had been pouring for the past few hours. I've noticed the lights flicker in and out in the dining room, earning everyone else's brief attention as well as mine.

Liz and Jason had been the only workers left with me, but they were now both getting ready to leave. The room was getting ready to shut down, and there was no doubts about it that it was creepy as hell in here by to yourself.

Sun had stopped to visit as well— he was somewhere in the dining room cleaning up little bits of dust under the tables, then rearranging the chairs. He apparently was a neat freak when it came to cleaning this place, I've learned. Why they'd make an animatronic have OCD, was beyond me.

The others were curious to why he was in there with us, as he apparently wasn't really able to leave the daycare much, aside from his counterpart Moon- - but they liked him as much as I did, so I never had to hear any complaining about it.

"Man, it's really pouring. I don't want my hair to get fucked up. I'm going out to meet up with Blake tonight." Liz interrupts my thoughts, hoping on top of the diner counter. She twirls a lock of curled hair around her finger anxiously.

Jason raised a brow, and stood across from us.

I smirk over at her. "Oooh. Whatchu guys got goin' on? Anything exciting?" A soft giggle escapes both of us as her cheeks flush.

I knew she had been hanging out with some guy now, but I didn't know if it was actually going anywhere. Liz likes to tell me allot about her love life— sometimes a little more than I'd like to hear. But, regardless, I loved Liz, and I loved hearing about her life. It felt interesting, compared to mine.

Sun peeked his head up and got nosey. He probably liked hearing us all chat and gossip, since he was around kids all day. A little bit of a nice change of venue.

Jason stood before us, his arms crossing in defense. I watch as an irritation floods into his face. "You're still hanging with that guy? He's such a prick, Locker." Jason used her last name as a nickname. It was just something they've always done with each other. Apparently, I learned, Liz knew Jason from high school before they graduated, and had been pretty good friends. I sort of suspected he may have had a thing for her, but I could be wrong.

"Oh, shut it. He's hot, I don't care." Liz pinches her hand close in his face and flicks her hair off her shoulder with sass. A strand of her terse hair fell into her eyes. She brushed it back behind her pierced ear.

"Hey— I'm just looking out for you. I'm a guy, I know what his intentions are." Jason shrugs, looking the two of us over. Mine and Liz's eyes meet, and I hold back my smile.