00.09

longer chapter ahead, just a heads up

     ____________________________

ISABELLA EYES ME  down suspiciously as her little figure situated in front of me.
The bratty twat had, once again, forced her way into my bedroom. Some days I don't mind, but when I'm doing something, or just want my own alone times, she always has to be there. She's grown accustomed to being in here without permission.

I furrow my brows, lowering my makeup brush from my face.

". . . How come you're doing your makeup so much, Y/N?"

Annoyed. I'm completely flustered. I hold back the utter urge to roll my eyes.
I turn back to the mirror and lean forward again, finishing up what I had started.
"Because I like to feel pretty. Is that too much to ask?" I raise a brow down at her.
She shrugs, plopping herself down onto my bed that was too high for her. Her feet dangle off the side of it. "But, you're already really pretty." She kicks her feet softly to reduce the boredom.

I sigh short, looking at her from the view in my mirror. "Thanks, but I usually wear it to work. Why are you being so nosy?" My tone questions her.
She shrugs, watching, as I finish up my eyes. "I'm not. You've just been acting weird lately."

I turn to look at her. My eyes scan her features over. She wore her hair in a cute bun on top of her head. Mom must have done it for her.
She usually gets Isabella overly dressed the mornings she didn't have to work.
The cute outfits, and hair updos, always suited the both of them. Mom had a keen eye for fashion.

"Weird, how?"

"Like you're in, looove~" She smiles, giggling up a storm. I roll my eyes and walk over to her side. "How would you know what being in love looks like?" I smirk down at her.

"Mom told me you get really sidetracked when you start liking someone. She thinks you're hiding someone from us." Isabella starts to calm her giggles down, laying down on her back.

My heart drops into my stomach. Curse that woman for knowing me so well. And I thought she barely paid attention to us.

"Is it someone from work?" She asks.

I wave her off. "Stop digging."

Pleasing her hands together, she looks up at me. "Please! I want to know! I won't tell mom."

A laugh escapes from my chest, and I look away. "It's none of your business. Besides, I don't like anybody." My shoulders shrug.

Was that true? I thought maybe it was, but another part of me wasn't so sure. I felt really jealous over that woman in the daycare the other day . . and that's not like me.

It was weird, but Sun really had been on my mind, allot. He acted more like a human than regular people do. And, I felt some sort of connection with him, I guess.
And with Moon . . our last encounter was, well, different than how Sun and I act. I haven't seen him in a while.

Sun wasn't always happy and chirpy. I mean, most days he was. But, there were times, he'd be mad, or kick one of the kids out of the daycare because he got agitated with them constantly breaking his rules. Kids were testing our patience these days.

A couple of kids throughout the week at different times had threatened to turn the lights off after Sun repetitively told them not to. Which, was a little weird. Why he was keeping Moon away so much now, was a little odd, but whatever I guess.
So, once the lights went out, and I rushed to bring them back on, Sun practically hurled the kids out the doors.