00.17

abbreviation key: 

S/T  |  skin tone

_____________________

"You know, you got lucky." Vanessa eyes me with worry. I nod in response. "I know." I shake my head down at the floor. "I feel so stupid. Maybe I should have tried to keep the lights on. And, I know I kept pushing my luck, but I—"

"Hey," she presses a hand to my shoulder. "It's alright. This isn't your fault."

I feel more tears brim my vision. "I shouldn't have left Sun like that. He probably hates me."

"It'll be okay." She sighs. "They're just animatronics. I don't think they can really feel anything, anyways." Her brows knit together.

I shake my head to disagree. "They do."

"Look, it'll be fine. He'll probably forget all about it in the morning, after a good restart!" She smiles. I frown back. "No, Vanessa, they don't just forget. Sun remembered me from when I was a kid. He told me he refused to delete my guest profile." I say.

Vanessa's smile falters, eyebrows furrowing. "What?"

I nod. "He's really gonna hate me now. But . . I-I just can't go back there. I need to move back to being in the dining room, or, even just quit? I'unno what to do yet." My voice begins to wobble with anxiety.
I'm pissed. I'm upset. I don't want to do this.

Sun and Moon had been giving me so much purpose, lately. I love seeing them. I loved working with them, everything about the two of them, just made me feel so happy.

But now, after all of this, I don't know how to feel about it anymore. Maybe it's a sign.

"Don't quit. Y/N, you're like the best worker we've ever had in years! Aside from me." She lightens the mood with a smile. "Tell them that you want to work the day shift, and be as far from the daycare as possible."

But, that wasn't really what I wanted to do.
It was what had to be done.

"I guess I could do that." I hum softly.
Though, the thoughts in the back of my mind kept telling me otherwise. If I couldn't be in the daycare anymore, did I really even want to work here, at this point?

We walk to the main lobby, after a while of catching my breath, venting, and bandaging me up. We check the time on our watches. "Well, it's almost time for the doors to lock up. You better get out of here." She tells me.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." I mumble. "Oh, and be careful. I heard Chica was out walking around, again."

Vanessa groans. "Oh, great. Thanks. I'll keep an eye out."

As I turn on my heel, and she turns on hers, I grab the door handles. Vanessa let's out an 'oh' and turns back to me again. I furrow a brow and look at her, taking my hand off the doors.
"Before I forget . . have you seen anything weird happening here lately? I heard there was a little boy roaming around the area by himself outside, today. I'm just hoping he wasn't casing the place." Vanessa shrugs, a look of curiously on her features.

I shake my head. "No, I haven't heard anything about that."

"Oh, okay. Well, if you see anything tomorrow night, let me know."

If I'm even working here, tomorrow night.

I nod, and say my goodbyes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I lay in bed, I stare up at the ceiling. All I can think about was what happened tonight.
Those red eyes kept flashing back into my head, especially when I'd try to close my eyes. Guess sleeping wasn't gonna be happening for me, tonight.