Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The day’s classes ended and Arianna didn’t mind Sirius at all, completely ignoring him she did at times but only to look away after. As soon as The Marauders got to the common room, half of the girls there swooned over them, the other half were already taken. A good part of them swooned over Sirius.

“Alright ladies step aside! That’s my man!” an approaching girl shouted, and shoved past the girls swooning over Sirius “Siri!”

The Marauders rolled their eyes and just felt annoyed by Jessica, Sirius’ current girlfriend’s presence. “What’s the use of dating her when you don’t even like her?” Remus muttered “Then again you don’t really date girls you like you just like to collect them. James nudged his arm and Remus just kept quiet.

“Jessica,” Sirius greeted her as she kissed him but he moved so instead of a kiss on the lips it was on the cheek, Jessica was surprised by this.

“What’s wrong Siri?” Jessica asked with puppy dog eyes.

“Jessica we need to talk.” Sirius started, and James and Remus took it as their signal to leave

“Alright Siri.”

“Come I think we should have it somewhere more private.” And at that Jessica felt excitement run through her body expecting the exact opposite of what was coming.

The two of them got to an empty corridor and stopped.

“Alright Jessica you see-“

But before he could finish Jessica kissed him on the lips

“No need for words Siri.” Jessica said and started kissing him passionately, Sirius didn’t want to but her grip on him was so tight, he was trying to push her away. But as Jessica was trying to snog off Sirius, they didn’t know someone was about to pass by the corridor.

“What was that?” Arianna whispered to herself she stopped as she heard the sound she was about to head to the corridor that would get her to the common room, she had been in the library doing her homework. She took a peep from the corner of the corridor and saw Jessica kissing Sirius; she rolled her eyes in disgust at the sight.

“Urgh, PDA much?” she thought to herself “What does Black have that every girl here is in love with him? Well not every girl I don’t like him, so does Lily, Alice and Marlene.”Arianna started thinking of plans on how to walk past them “Should I just leave and walk past them? No that would be rude. I’ll just leave after they snog, no then they’ll think I was eavesdropping not that I would do that, who would?! I know I’ll just wait for them to finish and leave THEN I’ll go.”

“Jessica stop.” Sirius said as he finally at last pushed her off him, Arianna listened

“Why Siri? Oh I know let’s go to a broom closet.” Jessica suggested desperately she knew this was coming, but not this early.

“Desperate much.” Arianna whispered to herself

“No Jessica we need to talk,” Sirius said sternly “You see you’re perfect in every way, just not for me.” Arianna peeped a bit and chuckled, she was trying to hold back laughter she hid again immediately by the corridor but Sirius immediately heard and saw her Jet Black hair as she hid again, he just let it pass ‘was that her? What is she doing here?’ he asked himself ‘Gah, what did I say about her?! Forget about her remember she’s not into you and you’re in a middle of a break up!’ Sirius’ conscience scolded him; and he snapped back to reality. Jessica was too busy sobbing to notice anything.

“B-b-but S-s-siri, p-please d-don’t d-do t-this.” Jessica stuttered, her face was stained with her black eyeliner and tears.

“I’m sorry Jessica, but you see we’re too different I’m sorry.” Sirius said trying his best even if he didn’t want to, comfort her. “Maybe this break up will be good for you, since you’ve never really experienced pain. But we could still be friends.”

Jessica just nodded sadly “Could you at least walk with me to the common room?” she sobbed even more. Sirius wasn’t looking at her now; he was trying to look at the corridor where Arianna was hiding.

“Er, I can’t I need some time on my own Jessica I need some air I…. er… I need to think.” He said and Jessica left crying her eyes out. As soon as she was gone, she headed to the corridor where Arianna was hiding, she apparently was sitting on a nearby window sill the break up and sobbing bored her with all the drama, it was really boring for her and a bit funny actually. ‘Urgh that break up’s taking forever! I need to get back to the common room, I need some sleep.” Arianna thought to herself.

“I see you have witnessed my break up with Jessica.” Sirius said, Arianna turned around and saw him leaning on a wall smirking.

“At last that’s over, I can finally go.” Arianna whispered to herself, she got her books and stood up from the window; she headed to the corner and just passed by in front of Sirius not minding him.

“Maybe you mean ‘At last that’s over, I can finally go get my chance with Sirius?’ “Sirius said smirking as she passed

Arianna stopped and faced him, her face full of anger compared to the other girls that Sirius dated she had a simple cute face but had a brain.

“You are such a conceited little prat,” Arianna spat her dark eyes were cold and full of hatred “You are just like your little brother, that boy who insulted Lily at the train, I would never in a million years go out with someone as arrogant as you.” And she stormed off, she was extremely upset, her jet black hair and dark eyes gave off a dark aura of anger.

Sirius stood there stunned

“And once again she wounds your ego.” Sirius turned around and saw Remus, he was patrolling

“You saw-“but before Sirius could finish

“The whole thing mate.” James answered walking over beside Remus with a tray full of food; he was hungry so he used The Marauders Map and his invisibility cloak. “A feisty one you got there.”

Sirius just sighed “Whatever what are you guys doing here?”

“I was patrolling of course,” Remus answered and then gestured to James “James here on the other hand got hungry and well used the map and the cloak.”

“Yep,” said James “we saw the whole thing mate, I’m sorry.”

“Nah I wanted to break up with Jessica ever since the first 24 hours.” Said Sirius

“No we mean about the girl that wounded your ego now twice thing.” Said Remus

“Yeah mate,” added James whose mouth was full “Now you know how I feel when Evans rejects me.”

“Whatever, that was nothing let’s just leave.” And Sirius lead them back to the common room, James and Remus followed closely behind, they cast a glance at each other and both nodded in agreement

“Denial” they both said when Sirius was already by the portrait hole and they were quite far away

“I heard that.” Sirius said rolling his eyes as he got into the common room

“How’d you hear? We were like far from you?” Asked James as they got in

“Prongs, my Animagus from is a dog, sensitive hearing remember?” said Sirius as if stating the obvious, and the three of them headed to their dorms, as Sirius lay down on his bed he didn’t even bother to change his clothes, then he remembered something, he pulled out something from his pocket and there in his hand was ‘the girl that wounded my ego’s bracelet. He opened up the heart shaped locket and saw her name again, “There! Arianna that was her first name!” he thought to himself and smiled weakly, happy that he had finally remember her name “Well she’s gonna want to have this back.” And he put the bracelet in his bedside table’s drawer.