Chapter Fifty one

Chapter Fifty one

Time flies fast.

                It had been over a year and a half.

                And yet he still remembered the day she left it as if it were just yesterday.

                A lot of things have happened since then. Sirius and the Marauders along with the others had graduated, the war had officially begun, the Order had been made, Sirius and others joined it, his parents had died and even Regulus. He was the only heir left to their family fortune, but he still didn’t care. Sirius continued looking around the house; it had been a long time since he came there. It was still pretty much the same, only this time it was empty.

                The only thing he missed about it was his sister Polaris, who was gone too. So the house was pretty much meaningless to him. Sirius continued walking around, he didn’t know why he was doing it but he did. Besides, it was the only thing he could do to past time without getting into trouble. Dumbledore had told them to keep a low profile now that they were members of the Order.

                He had reached the third floor now, where his old room along with his siblings’ rooms was located. Sirius first entered his old room, as he expected it looked pretty much the same; only dusty. His mother obviously didn’t let any being enter it since he got blasted off.

                All the muggle posters were in the same places, even the pictures of him and the Marauders and Arianna. In a way, he felt a bit nostalgic. Sirius sighed at his dramatics and left the room once more, he looked over at Regulus’ old bedroom door but immediately looked away he had no plans of going there. Instead, he went to his sister’s.

                As he turned the knob, he couldn’t help but to half expect Polaris screaming on the other side, telling him that she was coming and her happy face suddenly bobbing into view; laughing with her hair still a mess from lying down on her bed and her eyes tired from reading but alive with joy in them.

                But of course, that happening was pretty much impossible. And Sirius knew that. Like the rest of the house, there wasn’t much change in Polaris’ room; it was still the way it was the last time he saw it but this time, it was quite gloomy.

                Her books were still neatly piled at the same bookshelf, her bed was still neatly fixed, and even the smell of the room was just like her. Sirius walked around, he ran his hand over her desk where the old muggle music box he gave her for her seventh birthday still sat.

                Sirius smiled and opened it, the ballerina sprang up from it as he did and the same melody played. Their mother was furious when she first saw it and told Polaris to throw it away but she never did. She still kept it. He looked over to the pictures she kept.

There was one of him at their family reunions looking upset as usual, one at the lake of him again with James; both of them grinning cheekily which made Sirius laugh, one of all the Marauders, one with her, Sirius and Regulus, another of Sirius only this time she was in it too and then there was one of Arianna, waving at the camera looking up from the book she was reading.

Sirius stared at it and touched her smiling face, he still thought of the day they would meet again. He then moved over to the picture of him and Polaris, he stared at their smiling and laughing faces. He still remembered the day it was taken, it was taken at Andromeda’s place; Polaris had snuck out. Next to it were a much older picture of an eleven year old Polaris and a fifteen year old Sirius both of them looking happy,