Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

I immediately got into the Transfiguration Classroom and took a seat beside a boy; I didn’t want to sit on a table that wasn’t occupied yet, because for sure Black would sit next to me.

“Oh hi Arianna,” I turned to look at my seatmate and it was Remus, oh great I hope Black doesn’t see, damn him, I really don’t like Remus by how he thinks of it, he’s just my friend. I didn’t know Remus and I had Transfiguration together, hmm well maybe I just didn’t notice.

“Hi Remus,” I replied and took out my things; the classroom was starting to full up. And of course Black came into the classroom; he had this class at the same time with me since we have the exact same schedule, well except for Muggle Studies he has that every Friday after last period, wait what the hell why do I know this?!

Black came into the room and easily found me next to Remus; he smirked as he walked over to us,

“So sitting with Remus today eh?” he said smirking at me, I just glared at him “Hey Remus, do you have a date for the Hogsmeade trip yet?”

“The Hogsmeade trip isn’t until October Sirius.” said Remus

“Yes I know that Remus,” Sirius replied glancing at me, Merlin this boy was annoying “but I meant was do you have anyone in particular that you plan on asking to accompany you?”

 “No, no one.” Said Remus “why do you ask?”

“Oh nothing,” said Black grinning very broadly now “but I do know someone that would love to go with you.”

Remus just raised an eyebrow, while I on the other hand wanted to hex Black into oblivion

“Who might I ask?” Remus asked completely uninterested as he put his things down on the desk and raised an eyebrow at Black

“Why our very own Riddle over here!” he exclaimed going beside me and putting an arm around me “don’t you Riddle?”

“I do not.” I said darkly, and glaring at Black who was beside me

“Yes you do!” said Black enthusiastically and turning to Remus who was chuckling “She’s dying to know if you would take her.”

“Shut the hell up Black!” I screamed and slapping his arm away from me, I was lucky McGonagall wasn’t here yet or else I would have received detention for that

“Now Riddle you don’t need to be-“but before he could finish, I took out my wand and hexed him; non-verbally of course. Black didn’t realize that I hexed him, but he soon did when he tried to talk, he couldn’t properly because, I glued his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

“You were saying Black?” I said smirking and crossing my arms, I felt Remus beside me holding back laughter, and Black glared at him and then looked at me. He then stood up and left, I smiled in victory, I felt some whispers around me,

“Did she just hex Sirius Black?!” I heard one voice, I wanted to laugh, I mean? It’s just Black what’s the big deal?

“How did she get away with it?” another one said

“She’s one tough girl to hex Sirius Black!”

Most of them were girls at first but when I listened even more closely there were boys whispering too

“Whoa, that girl is more than meets the eye eh? She just hexed Sirius Black and he backed off!”

“She’s smart, pretty and tough no wonder Black is chasing her!”

“Black didn’t see that one coming; this one’s a tough one I think Black won’t get this one!”

I just rolled my eyes and smirk in triumph, seriously? I just hexed him! And it was only simple I just glued his tongue to the roof of his mouth! I guess no one hexes Black and gets away? Oh please, these people need to get a grip and stand up for themselves. It’s just Black, he’s not what people thinks he is, I can see right through his little act, and I’ve been here for only like two and a half weeks!

I turned to look at Black, he held five fingers up, I didn’t need to know what it meant, he obviously saw me rolling my eyes. I just rolled my eyes again, and he held six fingers up, I looked away from him and saw beside me Remus smiling.

“What is up with people here? I just stuck his tongue to the roof of his mouth!” I said and Remus chuckled

“Well, you are the first person in history to get away in hexing him aside from James, Peter and I.” said Remus, I rolled my eyes and someone threw a piece of parchment at me, I picked up the scrunched up parchment and saw the number 7 on it, I looked up and saw Black crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes again, and then another piece of parchment was thrown

8 It read this time, I decided not to mind Black anymore and continue talking with Remus

“Really? Well I’m honored.” I said with mock happiness, Remus just chuckled

“I can see you don’t like his company?” he said

I just nodded

“He is extremely annoying,” I said exasperatedly “I hope you don’t believe what he said earlier he was having another Stupid moment when he made it up. No offense.”

“None taken,” said Remus shrugging “but you have to understand Sirius; he may be annoying at first, but you’ll see in the long run that he’s quite understanding and very loyal.”

I raised an eyebrow

“Many people have told me he couldn’t last with a girl for at least a week or two.” I said crossing my arms

“Yes well that is true;” said Remus honestly “but you’ll see what I mean.”

I just nodded as McGonagall came into the room, I was still not sure if I should believe Remus, but I think it isn’t true. It’s only the beginning and I’m starting to loath Black, in the long run? Tss I might be in Azkaban by then for killing him.