Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

People can be very judgmental at times. That was something Arianna was starting to realize. For the past couple of days, she had been receiving death glares from random girls and hearing some things about these random girls’ opinions about her relationship with Sirius Black.

“They’re just jealous.” Lily would tell her whenever they walked together; Arianna would just nod in agreement. She was used to it by now, it wasn’t really something new. The only new thing they were doing was trying to hex her when she wasn’t looking. Arianna was always quick of course.

“I have to admire you Riddle,” James said one day; as Arianna brushed some dust off of her shoulder as she pocketed her wand once more “You’re pretty good. You can manage without any help.” Arianna smirked

“That’s not something new, now isn’t it?” Arianna said; Sirius smiled and messed up her hair

“Someone’s getting bigheaded.” He teased; Arianna rolled her eyes “Number three.”

“I get it from you.” She said, ignoring Sirius’ counting as usual. Arianna was getting busier and busier, and the teachers weren’t helping. She was practically camping out at the library every night now, along with Lily and her roommates, and aside from that she was busy worrying about her brother too, the Daily Prophet’s death reports have been growing and growing each day.

And it hurt her to admit it but, she wasn’t spending time with Sirius much anymore.

“It’s fine, I understand.” Sirius would tell her whenever they had their evening walks on the grounds, after Arianna’s study sessions.

“But it isn’t fair.” Arianna would reply sleepily, as Sirius carried her on his back. Sirius would just laugh and try and argue with her until she fell asleep. The thought of it made Arianna smile somehow, she never knew Sirius could actually that understanding. He even stayed up in the library with her sometimes.

“I never knew you could actually last in a library Black.” Lily commented one night, Sirius just rolled his eyes and continued watching Arianna do her homework and study. “I personally thought being surrounded by quietness and books would be the death of you.”

“Yeah, well you’re wrong.” Sirius said, sticking his tongue out like a five year old “I am here for a reason. I am waiting for Arianna to finish studying.”

“What if Arianna wasn’t studying?”

“Then only some kind of miracle can bring me to this place.”

Those were the only times she spent time with alone Sirius nowadays: at the grounds at night after she studies and at the library while she’s studying. Rumors were also starting to fly, like she and Sirius’ relationship was starting to get rocky, Sirius was cheating on her and vice versa; there were no truths to any of them of course, and both Arianna and Sirius knew that.

“Aren’t you worried?” Marlene asked one afternoon, with a yawn as she Lily, Arianna and Alice were doing three essays for three different subjects. Arianna shrugged

“No.” she replied simply “I trust him.” Marlene smiled

“That’s good.” She said, Alice who was beside her shook her head

“But you never be too careful...” Alice said Arianna raised her eyebrows; Alice then cocked her head to her side, pointing towards a direction. From the corner of her eye, Arianna looked and saw Jessica, the girl who spilled a potion gone wrong on her once, Jessica seemed to be staring at her but hastily looked away when Arianna looked at her.