Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

ARIANNA P.O.V

Alice was right, none of the groupies were trying to kill me or torture me anymore, the days passed and I was getting used to things, my arm was better and life was getting better for me I suppose, the teachers seem to like me and so do my classmates, so yeah so far so good for the past couple of days.

The only sad part was I had no classes with my friends only last period Charms and Astronomy. So that meant I had to walk alone and such at classes, though Black occasionally walks with me which is extremely irritating but I have learned to live with it it’s better than nothing I suppose, Remus walks with me too sometimes, which is way better than being with Black.

As I was heading to the Great Lake (it was free period) Black caught up with me, sigh what does he want now?

“Riddle,” he said easily catching up and walking beside me

“Black.” I said and continued on walking, even though he’s been nice and all I still call him by last name

“So where you off to?” he asked casually

“The lake, its free period.” I said

He just nodded and continued walking with me

“Er, don’t you have something to do?” I asked “I don’t know with Potter and your other friends?”

He shrugged

“Nah, they don’t mind besides James is still in class right now, and Peter is well I don’t know where and Remus is I don’t know maybe in the library.” He said casually, I just raised an eyebrow “So what are your electives?”

Might as well keep the conversation flowing and besides maybe Marlene was right I should give him chance even if he has a reputation of being a jerk, it might not be that bad I suppose.

“Nah I don’t have any.” I said shrugging, yep I didn’t take any electives I didn’t see the importance I suppose and I wanted to focus on the core subjects. Black raised an eyebrow

“Why didn’t you take any?” he asked

I shrugged

“I wanted to focus on my core subjects.” I replied simply “Er, what about you?”

“Muggle Studies.” He said, why would he take that?

“Why’d you take that?” I asked as we headed to the usual tree I sat under, and where I see Black and his friends

“Well, James takes it because he wants to get to know the world of Evans more and he asked me to keep him company, besides it pisses off my parents.”

He takes a subject because it upsets his parents? Is he serious? Oh wait don’t ask that, I just raised an eyebrow

“You take it because it pisses off your parents?”

“Yep,” he said as if it were normal “besides it’s quite easy I suppose, I’m surprised you don’t take it.”

“I’m a half blood I know what muggle life is like, I don’t need it.” I said I didn’t want to elaborate more of my life; I’ve only known him for what like what, two weeks and a half? Besides we aren’t really ‘best friends’

“You’re a half blood?” he said his grey eyes sparkling, what the hell? He should be avoiding me!

“Yeah, I suppose you should avoid me now, you know you’re a pure blood and you shouldn’t talk to people like me.” I said, but if he did avoid me it would be quite a shock but I wouldn’t mind it would be great if he laid off, I know evil right?