Chapter Forty three

Chapter Forty three

Arianna sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she sat on her bed. She fell asleep crying last night. Again. It had been over a week now and she still felt quite depressed, during the first few days she even casted the Cheering Charm on herself to keep herself together.

She pulled open her curtains and saw that her roommates were still asleep; she glanced at the clock on her bedside table and saw that it was six am. With a sigh, she hopped off of her bed and started getting ready. Ever since the break up Arianna personally had to admit, her life had become boring. She not only missed Sirius, she also missed the rest of the Marauders. They had grown onto her.

She missed their bickering, Remus correcting everything James, Sirius and Peter said, James' infatuation with Lily and even Sirius counting how many times she rolled her eyes. She missed everything, even the little things like when she would study at the library while Sirius on the other hand was fast asleep next to her; she even misses the sound of his laughter. His annoying bark like laughter, she thought to herself I never knew I could miss that sound.

Everyday seemed to be the same now, for Arianna at least. She woke up, got dressed, ate, went to classes, did her homework, camped out at the library, went back to her dorm, cried herself to sleep or at least mope and then, before she even knew it, it was a new day and once again the cycle repeats itself.

"You alright?" Arianna turned and saw Lily getting up from her bed, she just gave a weak smile and nodded, Lily sighed as she straightened up and walked up to her "If it'll make you feel better, we can always get back at Jessica you know." Arianna rolled her eyes, Number one, Sirius' voice echoed in her head; she dismissed the thought and focused on her conversation with Lily.

"Nah, she isn't worth it." She said quietly. Her voice cracked a bit, mainly because she hasn't been talking much for the past couple of days.

"Isn't worth it? She deserves it Arianna!" came Marlene's voice, Lily just shook her head as she watched Marlene yawn and get up, it wouldn't take long before Alice would join in, Arianna thought. "We'll personally curse her for you, if you don't want to get your hands dirty."

"I agree with Marlene." Said Alice from behind her bed's curtains, still sounding sleepy. Arianna just sighed and shook her head,

"I think you guys should start getting ready," Arianna said as she started gathering her stuff "You guys don't wanna miss breakfast now would you?"

"We don't." Marlene agreed "But you sure do." She said as she started brushing her hair, Alice who had now finally gotten out of bed nodded in agreement.

"You haven't been eating lately." Alice added,

"I eat." Arianna said "I just tend to skip sometimes."

"Yeah, like last night." Lily noted "And the night before that."

"And the night before that." Marlene added

"And the night before that." Alice continued

"Whatever," Arianna said, waving a hand dismissively "Could you guys just hurry up? I want to get this day over with already."

* * *

"Maybe you should try talking to her" Remus said quietly as they walked towards the Great Hall. Sirius rolled his eyes,

"I already tried that" he said "And, did it work?"