Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

ARIANNA P.O.V

“Urgh,”

I woke up and found myself in the Hospital Wing, I tried remembering what happened and why was I here, and then I remembered Potions, Jessica and the spill. What happened after that? Oh yeah, Slughorn made Black bring me here, I was crying in pain, he said he would be deaf, then I snapped at him telling him why did he even volunteer, he then said a conceited statement but I was being rhetorical, then I was about to retort but I can’t remember anymore, I think that’s the part where I passed out.

I looked at my left hand, yep the burn did spread; it reached my elbow. It was wrapped up, it wasn’t that painful anymore but it was still a bit sore. I felt something on my right, something warm; I looked and saw Black fast asleep, sitting on a chair and his head lying on the bed beside me. He was holding my hand.

The minute that I saw it, I immediately pulled it away. Why was he still here? I was about to stand up when,

“Oh dear, you’re finally awake,” I looked up and saw Madam Pomfrey “The burns were very awful, but I’ve fixed you up, it might still be a bit sore, but don’t worry by tonight they’ll be fine take this medicine.”

She said handing me a bottle, I drank it.

“Thanks,” I said “Um, what is he doing here?” I asked, referring to Black who was still fast asleep

“Oh yes, Mr. Black didn’t want to leave you he was the one who brought you here under Professor Slughorn’s instructions according to him, he was told not to leave you until you wake up.”

Slughorn didn’t say that!

“So I let him stay,” said the matron “your other friend Ms. Chapman insisted on staying too, but I told her it wouldn’t be good to skip classes, and Mr. Black told me the two of you have every class together?”

I just nodded, and glared at the head on my right.

“I’ll just get some more medicine,” said Madam Pomfrey and left. I continued glaring at Black, but I had to admit he actually looked peaceful in his sleep. I like him better that way; life was quiet when he was.

“Levicorpus…” muttered Black in his sleep, I take it back even in his sleep he’s annoying, still talkative “ha… take that Snivelly…” he kept muttering in his sleep, it was quite entertaining to watch actually “You rolled your eyes…. Number five”

And he still dreams of the eye rolling, I sighed and glanced at the clock, it was 2:00 pm, I should be on my way to Transfiguration, I got up from the bed. I was still a little wobbly, but managed to gain my balance; I flicked my wand over my hair, and managed to fix myself up. I got my bag and was about to head out but when I passed Madam Pomfrey’s office,

“Ms. Riddle, you shouldn’t be out of bed just yet,” she said trying to usher me back to the bed

“No Madam Pomfrey I’m fine I promise,” I said “I’m as good as new, thank you so much.”

“But you can’t leave yet, your arm it isn’t-“

“It will be fine tonight, or in the morning,” I said “And I can’t miss classes.”

The Matron sighed in defeat

“Oh alright, at least take this medicine, drink it tonight alright?”

I nodded happily “Thank you so much Madam Pomfrey.”

And at that I left

“But what about Mr. Black?” she asked as I got to the door, oh yeah forgot about Black, and I smiled to myself “Let him stay here first, he’s having a nice sleep.” I said, the Matron nodded and I got out of the Hospital Wing. As I was walking, I saw some girls look at me and whisper, some glared but I didn’t care, word must’ve spread real fast about Black bringing me to the Hospital Wing. A HufflePuff passed me and I heard her say “Yeah, that’s her one that didn’t want Black to carry her.” I smiled to myself when I heard her.