Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

                Remus was finally able to forgive himself when Arianna talked to him, he felt very guilty though when Arianna was the last of them to be allowed to leave the Hospital Wing,

                “It’s all right.” Arianna repeatedly told him. Arianna found it quite sad that someone as nice as Remus had to suffer. She found it somewhat unfair. The Marauders took turns watching over Arianna at the Hospital Wing, visiting hours were observed strictly by Madam Pomfrey but of course the Marauders had a way of bending the rules.

                How did they bend them? They used James’ Invisibility Cloak of course. Arianna found it quite weird that they watched over her, but they insisted. Especially Sirius.

                Lily and her other roommates visited her often too, the Marauders (especially James) were always forced to leave the Hospital Wing (by Lily’s pleas) whenever they visited. This was almost as often as they did, but of course the Marauders had other ways of pretending to “leave”

                “Potter and crew have been acting really nice,” Marlene noticed, as she put a new bouquet of flowers in the vase next to Arianna’s bed, Arianna shrugged.

                “I guess it’s the perks of being their house elf.” She said as did her homework on her bed. She was getting better. According to Madam Pomfrey, if she was lucky she could be out by tomorrow.  She narrowed her eyes discreetly to try and see from the small gap in her bed’s curtains and saw Sirius lifting the invisibility cloak up a bit and wave at her.

                Lily snorted

                “As long as it has something to do with Potter there are no perks.” She said,

                “Well there are some obviously,” said Alice “they stay up here to be Arianna’s body guards, it’s quite… Sweet…”

                Marlene nodded in agreement

                “Kinda creepy,” she said honestly “but sweet.”

                The girls then laughed.

                As promised Arianna was permitted to leave the Hospital Wing the following day, the Marauders of course were quite thrilled. More thrilled than Arianna actually.

                “Have I told you how much I missed you Riddle?” said Sirius for what seemed to be the tenth time, Arianna fake smiled as she put down her quill; pinching Sirius’ cheek like a little kid

“You’ve told me ten times already Black.” She said, Sirius grinned

“What can I say?” he said modestly “I know how to treat women right. I say I miss them –“

“No I will not do your homework Black.” Said Arianna before Sirius could finish his sentence, she knew what he was going to say next, he always started it off like that: Flattery and then he gets to his point. Besides he’s been trying to get her help him all day.

Sirius sighed exasperatedly as he slammed his head onto his textbook; James who was beside him sleeping, only flinched a little but was not even at least slightly awoken. Remus wasn’t with them, he had a prefect’s meeting about the Yule Ball so Sirius didn’t have any one else to copy off of.

“You know what Black?” said Arianna as she finished up her homework, her accident not affecting her studies at all “Don’t let this go to your head but, you actually have a brain. You’re just too lazy to use it.” Arianna looked up to see his reaction as she fixed up her things; he didn’t look insulted one bit,