Chapter Fifty two

Chapter Fifty two

A/N: Once again, I think you guys should get a tissue.... or two....

It was a cold evening; the wind howled and blew violently; making Arianna’s hair fly around everywhere. She held on tighter onto Sirius as he steered his flying motorbike, following the other members of the Order’s lead, James and Lily were just a few feet behind them on his broomstick.

It had been a few months since they had been reunited and ever since then Arianna too had joined the Order of the Phoenix. It was a bit hard, especially during nights like these when they were onto something and they were forced to leave Sirius IV and little Harry with the others.

Arianna looked down at the city below them; it was a bit ironic to think that she was a member of an organization that was fighting against her own brother. But sometimes, when she thought of it, he wasn’t really her brother anymore. He was someone –something – else.

She stared at the houses they passed by below them; even if they were flying she knew the exact area where they were. This was where her mum’s house was, where she had lived almost all her life excluding her life at the orphanage and at Hogwarts.

It had been a while since she last saw her mum, she visited her occasionally but it wasn’t the same anymore. She didn’t pick Jimmy up at school and stay there like she used to anymore. Times were different now; she couldn’t risk staying with them. It would only put them in danger, besides she had a family of her own now.

Arianna searched for her old home and in no time she did. Even in flying view she knew that it was her mum’s house. She smiled to herself once she saw it, but there seemed to be something wrong. The front door was left open, along with the gate, her mother always closed them. She hated leaving them open, she had been scolded numerous times as a child whenever she left at least one of the two open.

“Sirius, fly me over at mum’s.” Arianna said urgently, Sirius looked back at her in confusion

“Why?” he asked, seeing the worried look on her face “What’s wrong?”

“I need… I need to see what’s happening with mum.” She said, she knew they had to get back to Headquarters but she needed to know her mother was alright, along with Jimmy. “Please.” She pleaded; he took one look at her and sighed. He then looked over to James who was now flying by his side,

“Prongs!” he called, James’ head immediately snapped up towards his direction “We’re heading off towards A’s mum, for… for a moment.” He said, casting a quick glance at Arianna who still looked worried “Tell the others we’ll catch up.”

James took one look at Lily and then back at his best friend “We’re coming with you.” He said, Sirius knew there was no point in stopping him, he had already called out to the others saying what they were about to do and at that they were off to a different direction.

“There’s something wrong.” Arianna whispered as they flew towards the house

“What? How do you know?” Sirius asked confusedly, Arianna just shook her head

“I can… I can feel it.” She said in a knowing tone as they neared the house. Sirius landed the back just by the gate which was left wide open; Arianna looked up and saw that the front yard was a mess. A couple of flower pots were destroyed; the flowers on her mother’s garden looked like they were stepped on and kicked. A couple of windows were broken, and yet there was still light inside. Something definitely was wrong.

She looked up at Sirius who seemed to have read her mind.

“If – if something happens, promise me you won’t go after me and go back.” She said, but he shook his head and stared at her as if she was mad.