Chapter Forty nine

Chapter Forty nine

A/N: On this chapter the story is set on Seventh Year :)x

“You’re up early.” James noted, yawning as Arianna finally got away from Sirius’ grasp and hopped off his bed, she sometimes slept there now. It was still a bit early and everyone was still asleep, even Remus (the earliest one to wake up, according to the Marauders) so seeing James awake (the latest one to get up) was a bit of a surprise to Arianna.”

“You too.” She said as she fixed up her hair “That’s new. What’s gotten into you, James?”

James just smirked “I’m starting to mature, I guess.” Arianna stared at him as if he said he just saw a cow flying, not that that was impossible in the Wizarding world.

“Did I just hear you correctly?” Arianna asked, crossing her arms. James nodded.

“Yep,” he said “Haven’t you noticed?” Arianna thought about it for a moment, and realized he was right. He had stopped his pranks, he still played tricks on Snape though and he still had an occasional prank at times. But other than that, he had matured. He was Head Boy after all; he becoming Head Boy was still a mystery to everyone though.

“I have actually.” Arianna answered, smiling “I’m proud of you, James.” James grinned

“Thanks, A.” he said

“So, why are you up early? I mean, there must be a reason.” Arianna said,

“Lily said I should get up early because we’ll be planning stuff all day and we need to do some runs oh and we need to assign prefects and fix up the time of their patrolling, they keep complaining these past few nights.”

“So you guys are on first name basis now?”

“Well, it would be hard to stay on last name basis considering the fact that she’s Head girl and I’m Head boy and we have to work together and we spent a lot of time together right?” Arianna just smiled

“Meh, I know you like it.” She said, James rolled his eyes

“Well, duh. Of course I do.” He said “So what do you think my chances are?”

“They’re pretty good.” Said Arianna, honestly “I think it’s finally your year, James.” James grinned “Couldn’t have done it without you, A.”

“Thanks,” Arianna said smiling. She then remembered the moment James and the Marauders asked for her help and all their other adventures in trying to win Lily’s heart. After two years, it seemed like their schemes were finally working.

“Uh, can I borrow the cloak? I need to get back to my dorm.”She asked, James smiled and then tossed her the cloak and she slipped it on, she walked back by Sirius’ bed and kissed him on the cheek and then left their dorm for her own. She had to get back before Lily and the others notices she was gone.

Arianna gently opened the doorknob and slipped into her dorm as quietly as possible, even though she knew her friends wouldn’t be able to see her she was still very careful. Once she was inside, she tiptoed over to her bed and pulled off the cloak,

“Where have you been?”

Arianna cursed under her breath as their dorm’s lights flickered open in a snap, she turned around to see Lily, Marlene and Alice behind her with their arms crossed.

“Nowhere,” Arianna lied smoothly “I had to go to the bathroom. I was just getting back to bed.”

“Liar.” Marlene said, narrowing her eyes “You were gone all night.”