Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

“This is it.” Alice said, taking a deep breath as she and the rest of the Fifth Years stood outside the Great Hall, waiting for their names to be called to get inside “The Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L.”

                “Keep calm Alice,” Lily said; still reading her textbook to keep herself occupied “I’m sure you’ll do well.” Alice laughed nervously

                “What makes you think I’m not calm?” she asked her voice higher than normal.

                “Well for one, you’re practically shaking.” Arianna commented as she walked towards her friends with the Marauders grinning behind her. Arianna didn’t need to look at Lily to know she had to dismiss the boys “I think it would be nice if you guys head off.” She said to them,

                “Yes that would be very nice.” Lily said, staring pointedly at James who just smirked

                “Well I think we should do what the girl says boys, we wouldn’t want to upset Evans now don’t we?” James said with one of his famous smirks, Lily glared at him and crossed her arms. Sirius sighed and kissed Arianna on the cheek

                “See you later then A.” he said, and at that the Marauders headed somewhere off in the crowd. Lily continued glaring at them – well at James to be specific – as they left, Alice watched them go too, and it seemed to make her keep her mind off of the exam.

                “Chill Lils, I can see smoke coming out of your ears.” Marlene joked, Arianna nodded in agreement, Lily on the other hand just rolled her eyes and went back to reading.

                “I still can’t believe you managed to make friends with those toerags.” She grumbled, Marlene rolled her eyes

                “Toerags? Or toerag without the ‘s’?” Marlene asked smiling mischievously “By the looks of it I think you’re only referring to one person.” She said cocking her head towards James’ direction, with her arms crossed.

                “You know what M?” Arianna said, crossing her arms too “I think you’re right.”

                Lily glared at the both of them

                “If you’re talking about Potter, then yes I’ll say you’re right.” She said simply “I have no regrets on saying that because it is a hundred percent true.”

                “You’re being an honest child today.” Alice commented, Lily rolled her eyes and went back to reading; trying to keep their topic off of her mind. The weather was already quite hot, making her temper shorter than usual.

                “I’m always honest.” Lily reminded, peeking from her book and staring at Alice pointedly. It was when she saw her best friend Severus a few feet away from them. She automatically smiled “Hey, Sev!” 

                “Oh God no.” Marlene said overdramatically as she looked over her shoulder to see Snape shuffle his way through the crowd towards them, she looked at back Lily who stared at her disapprovingly “What? Okay, I know he’s your best friend and all; and I’m sorry but – he isn’t the ‘friend’ you once knew.”

She looked around them to see if anyone was watching them; and when the coast seemed clear Marlene started once more, only her voice quite lower than before “I mean did you hear what he, Mulciber, and Avery got caught doing to that First Year the other day?”