Chapter Fifty three

• Dedicated to To all of you <3

Chapter Fifty three

“C’mon, you can do better than that!” Sirius yelled, laughing at his cousin Bellatrix as they dueled. It was like they were eleven again and having a bad argument, only this time there was no parent to call a time out. His voice echoed around the cavernous room, Bellatrix glared at him and lifted her wand once more; she threw a spell and it hit Sirius squarely on the chest.

The laughter had not quite died from his face, but his eyes were wide in shock; he sank backward through the ragged veil behind him, which fluttered for a moment as though in a high wind and then back into place. Sirius tried reaching out to get back to the other side but he can’t, he couldn’t see anything around him, there was nothing but mist and the sound of whispers.

He felt different too. He looked down at his hands and saw that they were… different. He looked up at the veil and saw his reflection; he was his young self again. He smiled a bit, but then remembered he had to get back to the Ministry which was beyond the veil. He reached out his hand across it but it was no use. All he could do was watch what was happening,

“SIRIUS!” Harry yelled, he was about to run through the veil too but Remus held him back. Sirius’ son, Sirius IV was in shock. He walked towards the dais and slowly to the spot to where he watched his father fall, Remus was going to pull him back but Sirius IV shrugged his hand off. Remus wasn’t able to get a better grab of him because he was too busy holding onto Harry who was screaming.

Sirius watched as his son mourned in front of the veil, he watched him as he reached out his hand; hoping for him to come out but he couldn’t. All he could do was to do the same “I’ll miss you, son.” He whispered as he watched Remus pull Sirius IV away from the dais along with Harry.

 “Isn’t it weird how you’re the eldest and you were the last to die?”

Sirius smiled as he heard the familiar voice. He turned around and saw his little sister Polaris along with Regulus, standing a few feet from him; there were no mist from where they were standing, it seemed to move away from them. They still looked pretty much the same, though there was something that made them look different. They looked….happy. They looked like they had no worries.

“Well, like I said. I’m a survivor, right?” Sirius replied as he walked up to them. Polaris rolled her eyes but smiled.

“I missed you, bro.” she said, hugging him. Sirius laughed and hugged her back.

“I missed you too, kid.” He said, messing up her hair. He then looked up at Regulus who smiled weakly at him.

“I should have… I should have listened to you.” Regulus said “I’m sorry.” Sirius smiled and patted his back.

“It’s alright.” He said “I mean, there’s not much we can do now right?” he joked, Polaris gave him a glare and Sirius rolled his eyes “I was kidding. I’m sorry too, Reg.” Regulus smiled, and Sirius genuinely smiled back at him.

“Well, we’d better get going then. We’ll see you later, Sirius.” said Polaris, grabbing Regulus’ hand, pulling him along with her. Sirius stared at her in confusion.

“Where are you going?” he asked as he watched them slowly disappear with the mist and whispers around him, Polaris gave him a knowing smile

“You’ll see later.” And at that his two siblings waved and then disappeared. What his sister had said confused him even more, he was about to call out to her but that was when another voice came.

“Long time no see, Padfoot.”

Sirius grinned. He had missed that voice. He looked over behind him and saw his best friend, James. Sirius laughed and the two of them hugged like long lost brothers. He felt like the part of him that died when James died was slowly coming to life once more.