Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Arianna woke up to a bright morning, and had a nice breakfast, she parted with her friends and they all wished her luck for they knew that she had every class with a Marauder. Arianna headed to her next class in a good mood and told herself that she would TRY to be nice to Black.

She got into the Potions classroom and sat at her usual seat next to the nerdy Ravenclaw, class wasn’t starting yet. And when Slughorn came it wasn’t a surprise to Arianna that Sirius still wasn’t there. After a few minutes of discussion,

“Good morning Riddle,” greeted Sirius, Arianna looked to her side and was shocked to see Sirius she almost fell off her chair in shock luckily she caught him “Whoa there, I didn’t know I was that hot.”

Arianna pulled her arm away “And I said I’ll be nice today.” She muttered

“Okay sorry,” he said “You’re going to be nice today?” he was shocked ‘she’s actually going to be nice?’ Sirius thought to himself

“I WAS, but considering that you just blew-“

“Okay, okay I’ll be a good boy.” He said innocently

Arianna rolled her eyes

“Hey I thought you were going to be nice!” said Sirius

“I will.”

“Then why’d you roll your eyes?”

“Fine I’ll stop,” said Arianna

“Alright, since you’re going to be nice today I might as well grab the opportunity,” said Sirius smirking, Arianna looked at him quizzically “Since we didn’t have a proper introduction because we got off at the wrong foot, I might as well correct that.” He held out his hand “I’m Sirius Black, the third to be exact.”

Arianna looked at him exasperatedly but took his hand, it was soft yet rough at the same time and it was so warm “I’m Arianna Riddle.”

“Nice to meet you Arianna.” He smirked

“Don’t push it Black,” Arianna said smirking “I said I’ll be nice but don’t push your luck too much.”

Sirius sighed dramatically “Still last name basis.”

“Anyways, how’d you do that?” Asked Arianna

“Do what?” asked Sirius

“You just appeared out of thin air!” said Arianna as if stating the obvious

“You just didn’t see me enter,” said Sirius as they stood up, they were asked to set up their cauldrons “you were too caught up listening.”

Arianna just shrugged and let it pass.

After Potions they headed to Herbology, it wasn’t as awkward as before they were actually talking now.

“So you said you’re name is Sirius Black III?” Arianna asked

“Yep why?” he said as we walked

“Just curious, who’s the first?”

“The first Sirius Black in the family was my great-great granduncle Sirius Black I and the second was my great grandfather Sirius Black II, and the third was the most awesome one: Sirius Orion Black III which of whom you are talking to right now.”

Arianna just smiled and shook her head; she was trying to be nice, though she really did mean her smile.

“Is it me, or am I seeing things?” said Sirius as he stopped and looked at Arianna “Did I just make Arianna Riddle smile?”

“Arianna Mary, to be exact.” She said and they continued to walk

“I can see your family has a lot of Siriuses in it?” said Arianna bringing back the subject

“It’s only until me right now, but I think I’ll be the last Sirius,” he said “Considering my brother isn’t named Sirius, so yeah, and I’d better be it would be annoying if there was a fourth one.”

“Your family gets one another’s names from each other?” Arianna asked confused

“No, it’s this weird family tradition that we’re supposed to be named after stars and constellations and stuff, we sometimes get the names from each other like you said in my hag of a mother’s words ‘to honor them’ and other crap.”

Arianna nodded and Sirius continued “As you can observe Sirius the dog star, Orion the constellation, my brother’s name Regulus Arcturus both stars from constellations, then my little sister’s Polaris Andromeda Polaris, the star and Andromeda the galaxy.”

“Hmm, it sounds kinda good to me, why do you hate it?” Arianna asked confused

“Because I hate my family and I do not want to be named after them.” He said as they entered the Greenhouse, as they got in Arianna quickly saw Remus and there were two vacant seats beside him, Remus saw them and smiled.

“You go sit with him I know he’s your friend.” Said Arianna

“Wait, there’s another seat Moony wouldn’t mind,” said Sirius, but before Arianna could retort Sirius dragged her and they both sat down beside Remus.

“Hello, Moony.” Said Sirius

“Hello Padfoot.”

“This is my friend Riddle,” he said gesturing to Arianna “Riddle this is my friend Moony.”

“Moony?” Arianna asked confused “I thought his name was-“

“Yes it’s a nickname,” said Remus “And Sirius; I’ve already met her yesterday.”

“Yes but I specifically remember I butted in before she could introduce herself.” Said Sirius, Remus just chuckled and Arianna did her best to not roll her eyes.

--

Last period finally came and Arianna sat next to her friends,

“Fine I know its Charms and you’ll sit with your friends,” said Sirius as they entered the classroom “I’ll let you go.” And he pretended to cry; Arianna rolled her eyes and headed to sit next to her friends.

“Hey to count this exact minute you only rolled your eyes because of me five times today.” Said Sirius, and once again Arianna rolled her eyes “Six to update.”

Arianna sat to her friends and she was bombarded questions on how ‘horrible’ her day was.

‘Honestly it wasn’t really that bad’ she thought to herself ‘Maybe I could keep it up?’