chapter 2

Richard entered his room in the dorm. He met 3 other students who happened to be sharing the same room with him. The room was of medium size with a wardrobe located opposite to the entrance. There were two metal bunk on the opposite sides of the room. There was a slowly moving ceiling fan at the center of the room making a squeaky sound. Two of his roommates seemed to have just arrived with their luggage.

"Hey!" Richard said as he walked.
"Hi, are you the fourth member of this room?" one of the boys asked.

"Yes I am, these are my stuff," he pointed to a table with some items on it.
"You must be rich. How can you leave the door open with your stuff left unprotected?" one of the boys asked surprisingly.

"I don't think I own anything worth stealing," Richard laughed.
"And then you'll blame the world if any of these things gets stolen," another roommate replied.

He was very tall and dark in complexion.
"That's human nature. It's easy for us to find something to blame for our mistakes," Richard smiled.

"You should be mindful though. The little things you think are worthless are now expensive. You might regret it when you have to pay through the nose to get them again," said the oldest man in the room.
"Absolutely."

"So what level are you?"
"I'm a fresher," Richard replied.
"That explains a lot. How old are you?" the man asked.

"I am 18 years old," Richard responded.
"I thought you'd be the youngest in this room, but I was completely wrong." 

"Of course I am the youngest," Richard laughed after carefully observing their faces.

"You older than Gabriel, the boy behind you," the man said, pointing at the boy behind Richard.

Richard was totally amazed when he noticed the height of the boy. He was the tallest in the room and fair in complexion. He had a very grown afro hair that was two times as the one on Richard's head.

"You must be kidding, right?" Richard asked unbelievably.
"Do I look like someone who will Kid around with you?" the man asked with a serious face.
"How old are you Gabriel?" Richard asked.

"I am 16," Gabriel responded.
"Wow!" Richard exclaimed speechlessly.
"I don't know what your name is," the man said.

"Oh, I am Richard," he answered.
"Alright Richard, you can call me RG," the man said.
"What does RG mean," Richard asked curiously.
"I am sorry that's classified," the man laughed.

Richard proceeded to his luggage and unloaded everything into his wardrobe. After eating a few snacks his sister packed for him, he put his laptop in his backpack and went out of the room.

He walked to a garden at the extreme end of his dorm. It was at a border between the student campus and the staff quarters.

The garden was the quietest place in the whole campus, and Richard thought he had found the perfect place for his studies. He sat on a bench in the garden and brought down his backpack.

He took out his laptop and some A4 papers out of his bag. He turned on his computer and went through all the courses he will be taking in that semester.

As he took his pen trying to schedule how he is going to study for the semester, he saw a girl dressed in a short white dress and black leggings approaching. She was holding a little boy's hand with her right hand while concurrently holding a white handbag with her left hand. She walked majestically in high heels.

For a moment, Richard was completely captivated by her beauty. He halted everything and watched her. But as the girl got closer, he noticed that it was the same girl he had a falling-out with earlier.