chapter 22

After Amira was done buying her gift, she got into the car with Richard and Rebecca. They drove and made their way to the party. The party was taking place in Ali's home. It was a huge white mansion surrounded by a two meter fence. White flowers were planted around the fence in a perfect straight line. There was an opening in the flowers that leads to the beautiful see-through gate. The house was located in the richest district of the city. 

"Is this really where Ali lives?" Richard asked surprisingly.

"Yes of course, have you forgotten when I told you that his father is the richest man in this city?" Rebecca asked. 

"I thought you were kidding," Richard replied. "That's why I like him, he will never show you that he is from a rich family," Rebecca explained. 

"That's why you like him?" Richard retorted.

"Stop interpreting me with something else. I don't mean in a romantic way," she laughed as hit him on the shoulder. 

 They arrived at the gate of the house. When the security guard noticed how expensive their car was, he opened the gate for them without any question.

The party was taking place at the front yard of the mansion, and it was crowded with people.   Everyone turned and looked at them as they drove in. 

Richard drove the car and parked it in a parking lot. Rebecca and Amira walked down before Richard could turn off the engine. Amira proceeded to the party while Rebecca remained behind waiting for Richard.  

After he had turned off the engine he walked down from the car. Everyone was still looking at them because they both wore black matching clothes. As they walked to the crowd, Rebecca held Richard's right with two of her hands and leaned her head against his shoulder. His heart instantly started beating faster and he stopped walking. 

"Everyone's looking at us," Richard whispered. 

"I don't care about that,'' she smiled. Richard started walking slowly towards the party feeling like he was walking on the air. They walked like a King and Queen with all eyes on them. When they got to the party ground, she released his hand and went to her friends. The compound of the house was shaded by big trees and surrounded by flowers. The ground was covered with soft carpet grasses. There were speakers playing music at the center. 

"You are welcome," someone said behind Richard. 

When he turned, he noticed that it was Ali. "Thank you," Richard smiled as he turned.

 "You know even though it's my party, you guys have totally killed it." 

"Killed it? I don't think so."

"Of course you have you. What do you think Dane?" Ali asked the person next to Richard. 

"They are the best couples in this party so far," the boy smiled.

"Please don't misunderstand the relationship between us. I am just a tutor to her," Richard said. 

"Even a blind man can see through your lies" Ali responded, and they all laughed. 

A few minutes later, Rebecca and her friends started dancing. 

"You know you're really lucky to have a girl like that," Ali said as they watched them danced. 

"Yes I know. By any chance, do you like her too?" Richard asked. 

"Well, I used to like her. But after getting rejected a countless number of times, I eventually gave up," Ali replied. 

"I'm not surprised," Richard giggled. 

"And you came and stole her heart in just a matter of days," Ali laughed.