chapter 8

The next day, Richard woke up feeling excited. Before he could do anything, he discovered that he was late for lectures. He quickly got dressed and ran out of the room. He took a taxi to his faculty. He arrived there five minutes after the class started.

Luckily for him, the professor didn't mind students coming to his class late. He entered the class and went to the last seat and sat down. Richard looked around but couldn't see Janet. It then brought him to the conclusion that she was still sleeping. As the lecture was taking place, Richard could not stop himself from thinking about Janet and the incidents that happened between them the previous night.

After the lecture, Richard remained behind  trying to cover up for the time he missed the previous night.
"How did it go for you yesterday?" Someone asked.
When Richard turned, he noticed that it was Paul.
"Don't take me to a dangerous place like that ever again, "Richard declared angrily as he stood.

"Calm down. I was just trying to see that you have fun," Paul responded.
"There are lots of places for fun here on campus. Do you have any idea of what trouble I would have been into if I got arrested?" Richard asked.
"Okay, I am a sorry man," Paul said as he hit Richard on the shoulder.

Richard shook his head and continued with what he was doing. He studied for about 1 hour before the next lecture started. During the next lecture, he looked around to see if he could see Janet. But he didn’t see her even after the lectures. He then began to suspect that something had happened to her. He brought out his phone to call her, he then suddenly remembered that he had deleted her number when they fought. At that moment, he regretted  deleting her number.

He later went to the cafeteria to have some food. He sat at a table waiting for the waiter. He saw their course representative sitting at the table behind him with his friends. He knew he was a good friend of Janet, so he then decided to ask him about her. He stood up and approached their table and was about to speak when he heard his friends teasing him about Janet.

“I don’t really know what her problem is, she keeps telling me that she is not ready for a serious relationship right now,” the class representative said.
“Just keep on trying,” replied one of his friends.

The moment Richard heard that, he turned to go back to his table.
“Hey Richard, I thought you were coming here,” he said.
“Oh yes I was; I forgot something at that table. Let me go and get it first,” Richard responded. “Alright then,” the course representative answered.

Richard went to his table and pretended to have taken something and then returned to where his course representative was.
“So, how are you?” his course representative asked.
“I’m doing well, and yourself?” Richard asked as he sat down.

“I am good too. Where is your friend?” the class representative asked.
“I don’t know where he is,” Richard responded.
“Maybe he is with girls,” the class representative suspected.
“I won’t be surprised anymore. He really annoyed me yesterday,” Richard complained.

“What did he do?” His class representative asked,
“He took me to a club saying that I need to socialize with girls. I nearly got arrested yesterday,” Richard narrated.
“That sounds so much like him," he laughed. "Have you seen his last result?”
“No I haven’t, but he told me that he had one F in his result,” Richard responded.

His class representative laughed even harder after Richard said that.
“And do you really believe that to be true? Are you really his friend?”
“Is there anything I’m missing about his result?”
“You are missing everything Richard. To be honest with you, you really need to know more about your friend, where he goes to, the type of people he hangs out with and what he does at night,” the class representative said.