chapter 15

In the evening, Janet  returned with Riskat from her cousin’s house. All day long, Janet  thought about the incident of seeing Richard with Rebecca. She felt so sad when she saw him with her. The fact that he didn’t show any sign of nervousness scared her more. She tried all her best to hide her feelings from Riskat. 

Whenever Riskat tried to bring the topic up, she quickly changed the topic. Even after they went back to Maryam’s house from the mall, she became less active and couldn’t talk much. She never knew she had feelings for Richard until after she saw him with Rebecca. 

“It seems like something's bothering you,” Riskat said as they walked into her room.

“Actually not,” Janet  responded.

“You can’t hide anything from me, I’m your best friend,” Riskat said.

“I’m just feeling sick and bored,” Janet  replied. 

“Is that so? Then you need to have some rest,” Riskat responded. 

“Yes, I think I'll go back to my room."

 “Alright, we will talk later."

***

Rebecca walked out of their house and met Amira who was sitting on a bench under a tree. The tree was close to the main road that leads to the inner section of the staff residential area.

“Hey,” Rebecca said as she sat beside Amira, who was busy with her phone. 

“Hi,” she responded as she looked up. 

“We haven’t talked today since morning,” Rebecca said as she sat down beside Amira. 

“Yes, I went to your house and was told that you went shopping."

“Oh yes we did."

“You went out with Richard, didn’t you?” Amira asked. 

“How did you know?” Rebecca asked. 

“I saw you guys when you were returning,” Amira replied.

“We went to the market, and even proceeded to visit Alice,” Rebecca announced.

“Oh really? Did she give you my book?” Amira asked.

“No she didn’t, we didn’t even talk about it,” Rebecca replied. 

“I will never give her my things again. I gave it to her almost three months ago and each day we meet at school, she always tells me that she forgot it at home,” Amira complained. 

“I think she has lost it,” Rebecca laughed.

“She won’t dare, she knows how much I love the book,” Amira said.

 “So did Richard take you to Alice?” she added.

“Yes he did,” Rebecca smiled.

“It looks like you guys are getting close lately,” Amira said. 

“Well, it turns out he is not that bad,” Rebecca replied. 

“Am I missing something?” Amira asked.

“Actually not,” Rebecca replied as she hit Amira on the shoulder.

***

In the night, Richard was called by Paul when he was watching a movie on his computer in one of the lecture theaters close to his dorm.

Paul: Where are you right now?

Richard: I’m in L.T 3 in Agric department

Paul: Alright, I will be coming.