chapter 36

At about 5:00 pm, Richard informed Prof. Grace that he will be going.
"So soon? Is my place really boring?" She asked.
"No, not at all," Richard responded.
"You know I have extra rooms in the guest quarters, would you like to move here?" Prof. Grace offered.
"I would like to move, but friends won't like that," Richard replied.
"Is okay, I hope you will come here every day," she said.
"But before you go, you should at least go and see Rebecca's party," she suggested.
"I don't think she will like it if I go there," Richard said.
"She won't dare," Prof. Grace replied.

Richard really didn't want to go, but for the sake of Prof. Grace, he decided to give it a look. He walked out of the living room and slowly headed towards the crowd. As he got closer, everyone turned to look at him.
"Hey, isn't that Richard?" Amirah said excitedly.
"Of course it's him," Alice replied.
"Isn't that the psycho that kept following Rebecca the other day?"
"And how did he get in here?" Mary asked furiously.
"I didn't know," Rebecca replied.

Richard stood still and looked into Rebecca's eyes. Alice and Amirah were shocked and couldn't believe what was happening.
"This Rebecca's first love, she used to love him more than anything," Amirah announced.
"What's wrong with you Amirah? You know I really hate stupidity," Rebecca yelled.
"Did you just yell at me?" Amirah asked.

Because Rebecca could reply, Richard quickly intercepted.
"Look, I'm only here because your mother sent me to remind you of your phone. It has been ringing in the living room for the past hour," Richard replied and left.

As soon as he got out, he heard Alice calling out his name. He stopped walking and watched as she and Amirah walked to him.
"I don't really know where to start from. Is it the fact that I'm just seeing you for the first time in six years or the fact that Rebecca has completely gone crazy," Alice said.

"Well, we should talk about ourselves, we can talk about Rebecca later," Richard smiled.
"There won't be any later, because we are going right now," Alice replied.
"You can't be serious, I don't want to be the reason why you fight with your friend,"  Richard said trying to calm them.
"This isn't just about you Richard, Rebecca has completely changed. It's like she's no longer the person we used to know," Amirah replied.
"I totally agree with that," Richard said.

"Could you please wait for us while we go get our stuff?" Amirah asked.
"Okay, I will be right here," Richard replied.
Alice and Amirah walked back into the house to the room where they settled. They picked up the small luggage they came with and headed out of the house. As they reached the gate, Rebecca saw them and she quickly ran after them. Before she could get to them, they were already out of the house.

"Where are you guys going?" Rebecca asked if she got to them.
"Home, of course," Amirah replied.
"I'm really sorry Amirah, I really mean those words I said back there," Rebecca apologized.
"I'm sorry Rebecca. We feel like coming here unexpectedly is trying to ruin your perfect party," Alice said.
"Why are you doing this to me?" Rebecca asked.

"The fact is Rebecca, you have changed, and we can't deal with this new you. Imagine, we spent five hours of journey to come here and see you. When we called to come and pick us, you abandoned us for your precious new friends. I really do understand now that you are now rich and need to upgrade your friends. Sorry we tried to downgrade you," Amira said.

Rebecca ran to her and hugged her
"Please forgive me Amirah, I'm really really sorry," Rebecca said as she cried.
"I really am a horrible friend, I swear nothing like this will ever happen again," she continued.
Amirah lifted her head off her chest and wiped off her tears.
"It's good to have you back Rebecca," she smiled.
"Do you mean you have forgiven me?" She asked.
"Yes we do," Alice replied.
"Thank you," she said as she ran to hug Alice.