chapter 31

Richard had just arrived at the university. He wrote the entrance exams into the university three months and appeared with the best result among those that applied for computer engineering. He arrived at university looking so rough like he had been for the past five years. He was wearing one of the five of oversized clothes he had been wearing for the past 3 years. He didn't care for a second about what other people would say about him. He vowed to himself that he will never be in any form of relationship with any girl.

He arrived at his faculty which was a 12 storey building. Richard was so amazed by how beautiful the building was. It was so much bigger than that of his former school. He kept the bag he was holding in his hand and proceeded with only his backpack to the entrance of his faculty.

The front of the buildings was completely made up of glass and one can see what was happening within the building through it. "FACULTY OF ENGINEERING" was boldly written at the top of the building. There were many trees around the faculty with many park benches under them. The whole compound was surrounded with short flowers, and the ground was covered in carpet grasses. A walking pavement of interlocks was made in order to avoid walking on the grass carpets.

Richard walked on the pavement and looked around the compound as he walked. It had been long since he last appreciated the beauty of something. It reminded him of how he used to hangout with Janet. He felt so bad about it and promised something like that would never happen again.

When he was close to the main door of the faculty, he asked a girl who just came out of the faculty for help.
"Excuse me, but where can I find the department of computer engineering?" Richard asked.
"It's on the eighth floor," the girl replied.
"Thank you," Richard smiled.

He walked into the building and everyone looked at him because of his appearance. Some of them even laugh at him, but Richard didn't care at all. He took the elevator to the 8th floor where he saw some people in a queue in front of an office. He walked to the last person on the and asked her what they were waiting for.

"We are waiting to get cleared by the HOD before we start our registration," the girl replied.
"Okay, then I'm behind you," Richard replied.
"Excuse, are you also a student here?" The girl asked, seeing how dressed. At that point, everyone in the queue turned to look at them.
"Oh yes I am," Richard replied.
"Did you take a bath before coming here?" She asked.
"Since when did that become your business?" Richard asked.
"I'm sorry, I thought we are going to be course mates soon, and that you won't mind me telling you that," she apologized.

Richard remained silent on the queue without uttering a single word to anybody. The rest of his colleagues were busy introducing themselves to one another, some of them talked and laughed as if they have been friends for years for years. At some point, they whispered about Richard and laughed at him. But he didn't care about them at all, he pretended not to have heard them.

About 20 minutes later, the Head of the department arrived. He was an old professor with an average height. He is a very friendly man, for that reason, most of the students in his department adore him. He wore black suit with a huge medical google in his eyes. From the way he appeared, the new students knew he was someone highly respected.
"Good morning sir," they greeted him as he walked past them.
"Good morning," he smiled as he replied to their greetings.

Just as he was about to enter his office, he looked at them.
"And why do you queue up here?" He continued by asking.
"We are the new students that got admitted this year, we have been waiting for you to issue us our admission letters," the boy who was in the front replied.
"I'm sorry, I totally forgot about you," the old professor smiled.

"Is okay sir," the boy replied.
"Why are you the only one speaking among them? Have they chosen you to be their Representative already?" The professor asked, grinning.
"Actually, I just happened to be in the front, that's I speak on behalf of the rest," the boy smiled.
"Your admissions are in the office of the Dean, you should wait for some moment,"  the professor requested.
"Okay sir," the student replied.