chapter 37

Richard woke up in the morning feeling like the previous night was a dream. He couldn't remember the last time he was feeling so happy like that. When he looked around the room, he noticed that almost everyone had gotten ready.
"So, you are finally up," Thomas said.
"Yes, I am," Richard replied as he stretched his arms.

"Achuba told me that you had a pleasant night," Thomas said.
"Indeed, it is one of the very best nights of my life," Richard replied.
"Really?" Thomas asked.
"Yes really, let me take a bath first, I will tell you when I come out," Richard said.

As they were about to leave for their morning lectures, Richard received a message from Alice.

Rebecca is not going to lectures, we'll be having some fun at home

the message read.

"I'm going to see Rebecca," Richard announced after reading the message.
"Really? What about the lectures?" Thomas asked.
"To hell with the lectures, go and meet her Richard, I totally support you," Achuba motivated.
"Thank you," Richard replied happily.

He walked out of their hostel and headed to Prof. Grace's house. At around 9 am, he arrived at the house. As soon as he arrived, he messaged Alice that he was at the gate of the house. About five minutes later, she went out to go and get him.
"Good morning," she said to him.
"Good morning, how are you?" Richard asked.
"I'm okay," she replied. She talked to the security guard and he was allowed to go in.

When they got into the living room, Richard saw Rebecca sitting on the dining table, while Amirah was sitting on a dining chair beside her. She was wearing a short white transparent gown that rarely reached her knee. Richard looked into her and smiled as he walked to her. Irresistibly, she smiled and looked at him as he walked to her.
"As a medical student, aren't you supposed to be more serious with your studies than this? Bunking lectures so much unlike you," Richard smiled as he walked to her.
"I'm going to be busier than the bee starting tomorrow, I just want my friends to have a good time before they leave. Speaking of seriousness, I learned from an engineering kid that was once serious," Rebecca smiled.

Confidently, Richard sat beside her on the table beside her. Suddenly, her heart started beating faster as he got closer to her. When Richard inhaled the scent on her body, it took him back to six years ago and a lot of memories sparked within a second. It was unique that only she had it.
"I missed this perfume," Richard said with his eyes closed.
"Really?" Rebecca asked.
"Yes really," he said as he opened his eyes.
"Stop playing around, why didn't you go to your lectures today?" She asked.
"Well, I'm free today," Richard replied.
"You don't even know how to lie," she smiled.

Amira silently stood up and went to the living room without them realizing.
"Actually, I am thinking of changing a department" Richard announced.
"You must be kidding, right?" Rebecca asked.
"I'm really serious," Richard replied as he stopped smiling.
"Why? Tell me what the problem is, if it is money, I can help you with some," she said.
"No, it is not about money, I want to be an entrepreneur and I don't think computer engineering is the right course for me," Richard said.
"Why do you want to be an entrepreneur?" She asked.
"Because I think it's the best for me," Richard explained.

     "But being an entrepreneur will not guarantee your success, many have tried and failed," Rebecca said.
"But some have tried and succeeded, entrepreneurship is all about risk taking," Richard said.
"That's why I don't longer regret running away  six years ago. It made me realize something big that I wouldn't have realized if I had stayed," Richard explained.
"Tell me what it made you realize," Rebecca asked.

"Getting employed and earning salary is not a success, but rather a slavery. You can get fired at any time and your income remains the same," Richard said.
"But even if you run a business, something unfortunate can happen that can ruin your business," Rebecca said.
"That's the difference between an entrepreneur and a civil servant, we don't rely on a single source of income," Richard responded.