chapter 7

All at once, the club became disoriented. Everyone started running for their safety. Although Richard was full of regret for why he was there in the first place, he still managed to hold Janet 's hand and ran with her. With no hesitation, she followed his lead as he pulled her along. When they got out of the club, they noticed that the police were arresting those they managed to catch. 

They quickly ran back not knowing what to do. Janet started crying because she was completely scared. Richard began to imagine what he would tell his sister if he got arrested. Luckily, he noticed a small door that led to a storage room at the extreme end. He held Janet 's hand and ran with her. 

He kicked the door open with leg and they both entered. He locked the door soon after that. The room was all dark with a very low light. There were some bags of corn that were leaning against the wall of the room.

Richard jumped and sat on one of the bags while Janet squatted by the door with her hands covering her face as she cried. 

"Please stop crying, they will know we are here if they hear your voice," Richard whispered, trying to calm her.

When he heard some footsteps approaching the door, Richard quickly jumped down and squatted beside Janet and covered her mouth with his hand.

At that moment, they looked into each other's eyes like they were involved in a staring contest. Suddenly, Richard's beat faster than ever. Even though they were close to trouble, he was lost in another world. They both breathed heavily as they looked into each other's eyes. 

"You can let go of me now. I think they're gone," Janet said for about 3 minutes.

"Yes I think so,"Richard responded as he stood up. He walked back to where he was sitting before and sat down. They remained there until after about an hour when the whole place became quiet.

"We should get going; I think they have all left the club now," Richard suggested while jumping down from the bag.

"Are you sure?"Janet asked.

"Yes, I think so,"Richard responded. 

He offered Janet a hand, and she grabbed it and supported herself as she stood up. They exited the storage room and headed out of the club. Suddenly, she realized that her purse was missing. She ran back to the room and looked for it but still couldn't find it.

"You must have dropped it while we were running,"Richard suggested after going into the room.

"I think so," she responded as she turned to walk out.

"Will you please help look for it?" she courteously said after she had walked out the room. 

"Alright, that won't be a problem."

He helped her to search for the purse in the room but they couldn't find it. In the end, they concluded that it was taken by someone. By the time they walked off the club, it was already dark.

"Could you please lend me some money? I wanna take a cab back to the campus; I promise I will pay you back tomorrow," Janet requested.

"Actually, I didn't come here with any money. I was brought here unwillingly by my stupid friend," Richard responded.

"I really am in trouble," Janet answered.

"I guess we have to walk our way back since none of us is capable of paying," Richard smiled as he started walking backwards looking at her. 

"What? Are you crazy? Do you know how far the campus is from here?"

"Come on, don't be such a lazy kid. We have no choice but to walk."