chapter 16

About a month later, Rebecca had a test in mathematics and physics. When the result came out, she was among the best in her class. Everyone was so surprised including her teachers.
“I wish Richard could teach me too,” Alice said to Rebecca when they were out for break.
“Well, I think he is the best teacher in the world,” Rebecca commented.

“Really?” Amira asked.
“I have never once thought in my whole life that I will be very good in mathematics like this,” Rebecca explained.
The three of them were sitting on the veranda of one of their laboratories.
“Well, I think you are lucky your mom has hired him to teach you,” Alice said.
“Yes, that’s why I am so desperate to show her my test,” Rebecca replied.
“Your mum is going to be very happy with you,” Amira commented.

“Of course,” Rebecca smiled.
About 10 minutes later, their break ended and they went back to their class.
Some few minutes later, their Mathematics teacher came and all the students stood up and greeted him.
“Sit down please,” the teacher ordered.
“Can someone clean the board please?” the teacher said when he noticed that the board was all written on.

“I was very displeased by all of your performance in my test. You will be writing an external exam by next year, do you think you can achieve something at this rate?” the teacher asked and the whole class could not reply.
“I highly recommend that you sit up and study harder,” the continued.

“And Rebecca, you did incredible. I have never expected such a performance from you. I believe you can be the source of motivation to every student in this class,” the teacher commended.
“Actually, I wouldn’t have done it without the help of my private tutor,” Rebecca replied.
“Do you mean the boy that came here the other time?” the teacher asked.
“Yes, '' Rebecca answered.

“Not bad, he is actually better than I expected,” the teacher said.
“No, he is actually the best,” Rebecca uttered without realizing and all the class glared at her with surprise.

“In mathematics I mean,” She continued and the teacher laughed at her.
“Well, then I suggested you guys should all hire him to teach you, maybe he can transform you like he transformed her,” the teacher said.

“Actually, he is very busy. My mum hardly convinced him to teach me,” Rebecca responded.
“Well, then I think you should count yourself lucky,” the teacher said. He started his lesson after that. And each time he asked a question, he pointed it directly at Rebecca first and she will confidently answer it. It went on like that until the lesson was over.

After school was over, Rebecca couldn’t wait to get home. All that she kept thinking about was showing Richard her scripts. She took a taxi together with her friend Amira to home.

“I have never seen you this excited before,” Amira noticed.
“Yes, because I have never gotten such an incredible result in my entire life,” Rebecca responded.

“You should be happy, because your mum will be very proud of you,” Amira said.
“Yes you are right,” Rebecca smiled. “And Richard will also be proud of you,” Amira continued.
Rebecca did not say a word; she only looked at her and smiled.
“Alright, I will meet you after I have eaten,” Amira announced after they got down from the taxi.

“Alright dear, I will be waiting for you,” Rebecca replied and they both walked to their houses.
When Rebecca walked in, she found her brother sitting in the living room with his uniform and books thrown on the floor.
“How many times do I have to tell you, always keep your things in your room, not in the living room,” Rebecca nagged.

“I don’t really know what kind of dirty human being you are,” Rebecca said as she bent down angrily to pick his clothes from the floor.
She took everything she picked to her brother’s room. From there, she went to her room and lied to her. She was feeling lazy to even get up and change the uniform she was wearing.