chapter 38

They arrived back some minutes later and found Alice and Amira already asleep.
"Wake up, sleepy heads," Rebecca said as she shook Alice and they both woke up.
"What took you so long?" Amirah asked.
"Hey, we were gone just for a few minutes," Rebecca replied.
"That's what you think, to us, you have been gone for centuries," Alice replied.
"Perhaps you had some fun without us," Amira winked at her.
"Absolutely not," Rebecca quickly replied and Alice and Amira laughed at her.

They sat down and ate the pizza. As soon as they were done eating, Amira received a call that there would be a verification at her place of work.
"What did they tell you?" Alice asked.
"I think we must leave now," Amira replied.
"Why can't you leave tomorrow as we planned?" Amira.
"I must go now, I will miss the verification if I stay until tomorrow," Amirah replied.

At the end, Rebecca was left with no option but to let them. At about 2 pm, they were ready to leave. They walked to the compound of the house to the car that was parked under the canopy.
"Will I drive or should I drive?" Rebecca asked.
"I think you should drive," Richard smiled.
"Okay, don't blame me if I drive carelessly," she laughed. They all got into the car and Rebecca drove out of the house.
She drove for about 20 minutes before they arrived at the bus station where they will take a car to their place.
"I don't really know how I can thank you guys for guys," Rebecca said after they had gotten down from the car.

"No problem, we hope you and Richard will visit us one day," Alice replied.
"Don't worry, you will see us soon," Richard smiled.
"Alright, please take this in case you will need to buy something on your way," Rebecca said as she handed them A bunch of money.
"No Rebecca, this really isn't necessary," Amira replied and they declined.

Rebecca tried for minutes to convince them into receiving the money, but they assured her that they were okay.
"Okay, goodbye Richard, hope we see you soon," Alice said.
"Goodbye, I hope to see you soon too," Richard Richard replied.
Rebecca hugged the two of them and headed back to the car with Richard.
"These are the nicest friends you could ever have," Richard said as they drove back.
"Yes I know," Rebecca answered.
As they were driving back to school, a thought mama Ruth came to Richard's mind. He then thought of visiting her at her restaurant.
"Could you please stop? There is somewhere I would like to go" Richard said to Rebecca.
"Really? Where could that be?" She asked.
"I'm visiting my mother's friend, and is really far away from here," Richard explained.
"Is okay, I can drive you there," Rebecca said.
"Okay, thank you for your help," Richard replied.
"If I'm not wrong, you once told me you are from Kogi state, right?" She asked.
"You quite have a good memory," Richard complimented.
"Then how did this woman know your mother?" Asked Rebecca.
"They went to the same secondary School in Lagos," Richard explained.
"Oh that explains," she replied.

She turned the car around and they drove for about 30 minutes before arriving at mama Ruth's restaurant. But when they got there, Richard noticed her absence. He proceeded to the shop next to her restaurant and asked why she hadn't shown up.
"She has been sick for the past one week," the shop owner answered.
"Oh, that's really awful," Richard said.
"Yes, people have missed her food," the man replied.

"I think you will have to go from here," Richard said after he came back to Rebecca.
"Really? What's wrong?" She asked.
"She is sick and I think she is at home, I must go to her house," Richard explained.
"Then I will drive you there," Rebecca declared.
"I don't think a girl like you can go to her place," Richard said.
"Can I ask why?" She requested bewilderedly.
"Because she lives in a slump," Richard replied.

Rebecca became silent for a minute and looked at Richard angrily.
"So mean to say I am arrogant," she finally uttered.
"No that's not what I meant," Richard responded.
"That's exactly what you meant by that statement. So you are among the people that say I'm arrogant because my mother is rich," she continued.
"No Rebecca, I have never said something like that and will never say anything like that," Richard pleaded.
"Okay get in the car," she instructed and Richard silently walked in.