06.

─── · .゚☆: 575 BC :☆゚. · ───

IN THE lab, once again, I was standing next to Druig, who was seated on the window sill. He and I were speaking, not with our mouths at least - but our minds. 

What do you think he's working on? Druig asked referring to Phastos, who was working on something that looked too complex for this century.

A steam engine, apparently. It moves steam from high pressure to low pressure. I replied looking down at him.

Hmm, too early. He hummed.

Agreed. I chuckled in his head.

Then Ajak entered the room, "Phastos, did you go to the party last night, like I told you to?"

"Pff. The party, y-yeah. Yeah, it was..." He stuttered.

"He worked all night." Druig snickered, making me nudge him in the arm. 

"Who was talking to you?" Phastos asked glaring at Druig.

"Get a life." Ajak groaned, walking around. "And where is Sersi?"

"Late." Sprite answered spinning apiece of metal while sprawled out on the table.

"As usual." I added.

"I'm sorry, but I have something very exiting to show you, okay?" Phastos chuckled, grabbing Ajak's hand. "Wait until you see this."

Druig stood up to get more food, again, walking to the table. Ajak tilted her head up, confused, "What is it?"

"I-it's an engine. It moves stem from high pressure to low pressure. Uh, it'll help them till their fields at an incredibly fast rate. 

"It's gonna freak them out." Sprite commented, sitting up now.

"I mean, they only have had the wheel 1,000 years, so..." Druig hummed, leaning back on the table.

"You know, we could do that thing, you know, where you use your mind to control them, and then they could do it quicker." Phastos rambled on.

"Ajak, are you listening to this?" I asked, smirking, knowing she would never even think of that idea.

"Phastos, this steam..." Ajak trailed off. "Engine." Phastos said, filling in the blank. "It's too soon." She continued, pointing at him.

"And here she is." I announced, watching Sersi run slowly into the room. 

"What did I miss?" She asked, swallowing from the lack of breath.

"Nothing, just the screams of my deep disappointment." Phastos spoke, sarcastically.

"I am sure you have something simpler." Ajak reassured him.

"Simple. Okay, let's see. Uh, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the plow, 'cause that's what it does. It plows dirt." Phastos said in a deadpanned voice, moving around materials.

"Original name." I commented. 

"I met another group of settlers who are building their homes in the northern fields. They'll need to plant their own crops." Sersi announced.

Ajak waved her hand, pointing at Sersi making a point. Phastos leaned on a table, "Thanks, Sersi." 

"Listen, humanity may be coming along slower than some of us want. But there is no telling what wonders they will discover as they advance." Ajak explained. 

"Yeah no shit 'slower than some of us want'. It's been 4000 years, and they can't even protect themselves." I commented, conjuring a cup of tea and taking a sip. Druig chuckled at my comment, walking back over to me.