17.

── · .゚☆: 4 DAYS BEFORE THE EMERGENCE, AMAZON :☆゚. · ──

WE WERE on a boat on our way to Druig, it was cramped, and I was physically and mentally uncomfortable. Mentally because I had to talk to Druig again, after 1620 years and physically because, well, sitting in a small boat with seven other people isn't very... Spacious.

The boys road the beat to shore and we all stepped out. I sighed knowing the way, "This way..." No, I have never visited the mind controller, but I knew the way from thinking about it in the past. We walked deep into the forest, hearing noises like building, talking, walking, animals, etc. Finally, we entered the village that the people lived in. We all split up looking for Druig, I went with Sprite.

"Hey, we're looking for Druig. Is he here?" Sprite stated to a man.

"Yes, how do you know Druig?" The man asked, turning back to his work.

"We're friends, from... College." She continued, the human turned around with gold eyes.

"Hello, Sprite." He said in an American accent, Druig.

In seconds every human around was walking to a church, standing in front of it. The rest of us, the Eternals, regrouped in front of the building.

The doors opened revealing the man we'd been looking for. "I missed all of you. Please..." He smirked, it dropped a bit when he saw me. "make yourselves at home."

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

And here we are, sat down in the church in an awkward silence. I was leaning against the back wall, fiddling with my jewellery.

Druig was the first to break the quietness, "You've given me a lot of bad news in one go, m'lady."

Him calling others these names like love, darling, beautiful or gorgeous, brought back terrible memories, so I tried my best to ignore them.

"Will you help us?" Sersi asked anyway, un-phased by the pet name.

"I am glad that-" 

Suddenly Sersi phone went off, Dane was calling her. The song making me snicker. She silenced her phone, glancing at Ikaris's watchful gaze.

"Hey, what's your service? I'm not getting any bars." Kingo whispered to Sersi. I turned my head when I heard Gilgamesh snoring and Thena pushed his arm lightly, awakening him. 

"Do you all remember this forest? Beautiful. It was the last place we all lived together." Druig reminded them, them meaning I wasn't there when they live in the Amazon, walking around. 

"You guys all lived together." I whispered and Druig continued anyway, but I know he heard me because he looked at the ground, sadly for a second.

"I've protected these people for 20 generations now, from the outside world and from themselves." He explained, walking in front of Karun. "Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day. Don't you think?"

"I think we must learn from our mistakes and do better, sir. You must not give up hope." Karun replied nervously. Druig looked back up, eyes golden, he controlled the valet to throw his camera at the wall, smashing it to bits. 

"Oh, no, you didn't." Kingo exclaimed standing up. "Okay, new rule: no more controlling people's valet."

"Oh, where is your sense of humour, Kingo?" Druig asked grinning.

"I'm sorry, sir." Karun apologized.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. You are not a god, you know that right?" Kingo questioned.

"How ironic. Kingo, the movie star..." Druig said referring to how he played a 'god', but wasn't one himself.

"I've directed some things, too." 

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"Some internet content."

"How many views?"

"I don't do it for the views."

I groaned out loud, throwing my head back. Ikaris pushed himself off the wall, beginning to walk out. "Let's go, he's wasting our time."

"We need him." Sersi disagreed. 

"Ikaris! I missed you. Are you gonna charm me or threaten me?" Druig asked turning around to him, bored of Kingo.

"I mean, there's a third option if you prefer that." Ikaris joked, looking at him.

"It must be heartbreaking to find out that you're not mother's favourite." Druig smirked, glancing at me.

"And I'm sure she'd be real proud of what you've been up to." Ikaris stated sarcastically.

"Druig, this is serious." Sersi reminded him, getting up.

"I'll tell you what's serious. I've just been told I've been sent on a suicide mission for the past 7000 years and that my entire existence is a lie." Druig yelled, glaring at the god he was speaking withs seconds ago. "So, excuse me for not giving a shit about your plan right now."

He walked out, annoyed of us. Kingo stared at a bench, "Druig sucks."

"He does, sir." Karun agreed.