15.

── · .゚☆: 5 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE, AUSTRALIA :☆゚. · ──

WE WALKED up to Gilgamesh and Thena's home, we noticed a dead deviant on the ground.

"This is the deviant you fought in London?" Kingo asked glancing at it.

"It's different. There must be more out there than we thought." Ikaris sighed, walking to the door.

"Oh, i-is this a deviant, sir?" Karun asked filming the creature.

"Yep." Kingo breathed.

"It's a beautiful creature!" Karun admired it.

"What! This? This? No, it's hideous. You've never had one try to bite your head off. Roll. You're about to meet two of the greatest warriors the world has ever known. Thena,  legendary, deadly, fashionable. And her trusty friend... door... a mighty power house of strength, the fearsome Gilgamesh!... Gilgamesh!" Kingo yelled at the door.

He opened the door, with an apron that said 'kiss the chef' across it. "What took you so long?" He grunted, waving the camera away. "You look younger today, Sprite." Gilgamesh commented, walking to his outdoor oven.

"I have the same apron." Karun chuckled.

"Who the hell are you?" The strong baker asked Karun.

"I am Karun, Kingo's valet." He introduced himself.

"Oh, valet! Like Alfred in Batman." He laughed, wiping his hands on a cloth. 

"Gilgamesh, the deviants are back." Ikaris reminded him.

"No kidding, who do you think killed the one back there, Ikaris?" I scoffed, looking up at him. 

"You know, I could've used some help." Gilgamesh commented.

"We were attacked by a deviant in London, too." Sprite said.

"Even Ikaris couldn't kill it." Sersi added, making him glare at her.

"You couldn't?" Gil asked, surprised.

I snickered, "He claims he was distracted."

"Sure, man." He laughed, taking his desert out of the oven. "Hey, you guys wanna try my pie?"

"I'm sorry, Gil." Ikaris apologized.

"Mom's dead." I frowned, looking down.

"It's true, buddy. We lost her." Sprite confirmed. 

Gilgamesh processed the news, dropping the pan at his side, letting it fall on the ground. He walked over to the chair and sat down, bending the pan in half while grieving. I turned around the others doing the same, I walked forward, seeing Thena sitting on the ground drawing. 

"Miho, the attack triggered her. She's no fun to be around, right now." Gilgamesh warned, glancing at the goddess.

I let Gil walk to her, with caution, "Hey, Thena. Look who's here. Give me your hand."

Suddenly she whipped around, creating a spear, Gilgameshed stopped her with his arm. I grabbed Sprite's arm and pushed her behind me, wanting to keep her safe.

"Thena." Gil grunted. 

"Everyone in Centuri-6 is going to die." She announced. Centuri-6 was our last mission before this one, it's a planet - or was - that we were sent to like Earth. 

"Give me your hand." He demanded softly.

"It's too late, we can't save them." Thena muttered, creating another weapon in her other hand.

"Thena.." 

Then gold accents were created around us, an illusion as created around us. "Thena. We came together on our ship. You're an Eternal. The greatest warrior of Olympia. The legendary protector of Athens. The goddess of war. Remember who you are." Sprite said, stabilizing her. 

Gilgamesh intertwined his fingers with Thenas, with a sigh of relief. "Remember." Her eyes turned back to blue and Sprite let the illusion fall. 

"Thena." Ikaris greeted. 

"Hi." Kingo said, awkwardly waiving. 

"Hello." Thena mumbled. 

"Hey, who's your gardener?" Kingo asked dumbly. 

"You idiot." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "They live in the middle of nowhere!"