12.

── · .゚☆: MANHATTAN, NEW YORK :☆゚. · ──

I WOKE up in my soft white bed, nothing on my schedule, meaning no stress. People these days are stressed out so much, especially young teenagers. I did my routine once again, per usual, after that I decided to, not cook but conjure my breakfast.

I as I ate it, I got a call from Ajak. About a few years ago, Ajak had sent me a letter with her phone number and address, not sure if she still lives in South Dakota but whatever.

I answered the phone, "Hello Ajak."

"Hi, Miho." She smiled.

"There goes my record of not talking to you guys. Anyway, what's up?" I smirked.

"The Emergence is starting, it takes place in 9 days..." She sighed through the phone.

"I know." I chuckled, "I do know everything after all."

"I need to talk to you about it. We must stop it." Ajak stated sternly.

"Well, thank god..." I exclaimed.

"You want to?" She seemed shocked at my reaction.

"Of course, there's just something special about this one. They - the humans, care so much for this planet. They brought back half the universe with the snap of a finger." I explained.

"We always thought the same, didn't we?" Ajak hummed, smiling on the other side.

"We need to meet up and find the others." I added.

"We do." Ajak agreed.

── · .゚☆: 8 DAYS BEFORE EMERGENCE :☆゚. · ──

I was planning to leave New York today, to meet up with Ajak in South Dakota. Before leaving, I was just making sure everything was in its place and nothing valuable was out in the open. I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door. Then I had a vision.

── · .゚☆: NO ONE'S P.O.V :☆゚. · ──

Ikaris was leading Ajak somewhere in Alaska. "It's just up ahead. They must've been trapped in the ice for centuries and broke free last week. When the glacier started to melt as the Earth's core heats up for the Emergence. They killed an entire company of oil workers. I tacked them here. I suspected you might have changed your mind. I can't let you betray Arishem."

"Why don't you just kill me yourself?" Ajak shrugged.

"When the others realize something is happening to the Earth, they'll come to you. When they find your body they'll know the deviants are back. It'll keep them busy until the Emergence." Ikaris explained.

"I've been loyal to you, Ajak. Kept your secret for centuries, lied to everyone I cared about, but never have I doubted my purpose to serve the Celestials." He continued, walking right in front of her.

"Oh, Ikaris." She sighed, hugging him. "I've led you down the wrong path."

"It's the only path I know." Ikaris mumbled, pushing her off the cliff.

She landed harshly, shocked and scared. The deviants noticed her and ran at her in seconds, it pinned Ajak down but she had found a shot gun. She shot them, but tentacles pierced her back multiple times. The deviant picked her up and stabbed her neck, draining her powers. It threw her body and Ikaris picked her up, whisking her away back to her home only to trick the team.

── · .゚☆: YOUR P.O.V :☆゚. · ──

I fell back, leaning against a table. Ajak was dead, Ikaris, the man I called my brother, killed her. Hot tears flowed down my cheeks. I whipped my wet cheeks, letting the news sink in. I sighed thinking what I should do.

After a couple of minutes I came up with one. I'll trick Ikaris and say I never saw what I just did, then when the times come I'll reveal the truth. But do I tell the others of the Emergence? Once again, I suppose only when the time comes. Anyway, I needed to go to South Dakota, the others will be going to Ajak anyway, meaning I'll see them there.